New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Quality Inn On the Strip

Quality Inn On the Strip
Ranked #77 of 145 Hotels in Branson
Mid-Missouri, USA
“Take the good with the bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Was fairly expensive for the type of hotel it is. Holiday rates seemed double what it is worth. Bed was nice but bathroom was old, dingy and we had to step up into the room. We had a non-smoking room but had to walk past other guests who were smoking outside their rooms. We ended up walking through a wall of smoke in order to get to our room. No other entrance or we would have done that. Window coverings don't quite do the trick and we had bright lights in our room 24/7, along with a light under the bathroom step that was on the whole time. We ended up with a room that had a jetted tub next to the bed. The jets were very weak and it was basically just a large bathtub. Some guests had dogs and we could hear them barking early in the morning. Not the way I want to wake up when on holiday. The breakfast is really good, however, I was unhappy that one of the staff continued to whistle the whole time. Some may like whistling, but I wear hearing aids and found if very annoying. We dealt with this each day we ate there. On the plus side, the location is great and you can walk to many of the popular places even in the winter.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

I made reservations a month ahead of time and the desk clerk had me totally sold on this motel. When I arrived, the desk clerk was more interested in getting the Christmas tree up then helping me.
I was promised a downstairs room near the indoor heated pool. We were given a 3rd floor room in the second building (there are 3 buildings). When I asked what happened to my 1st floor room near the pool, I was told that was all that was available.
I have a fear of heights and when I got off the elevator, I thought I was going to have to crawl to the room. It's high and looking out on hills and my stomache was flipping. Mad doesn't even begin to describe myself! On top of that, you could hear the people above us tromp all night.
The room was ok. Overall clean, but some mold in the bathroom. The bed was ok but nothing special. The swimming pool was in the building across the parking lot. It was too cold to run across the parking lot to get there let alone run back to your room wet in 50 degree weather, so we didn't even get to use it.
They did have a really good breakfast with eggs, biscuits n'gravy, cereals, pastries, juices, milk, coffee, etc.
Although this motel is in a good area with-in walking distance from gift shops, shows and restaurants, I was disappointed with the accomodations and don't plan on staying there next year.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Travelinggrandma001
Ellsworth, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

This was a great fairly inexpensive place to stay and located in the heart of Branson fun. The breakfast was great and the staff very friendly. I wil stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

After MUCH deliberation about where to stay in Branson (and there are SOOO many choices!) I finally decided on the Quality Inn because the price was reasonable, they had a larger family style suite and they had a breakfast included. I was not disappointed!

We arrived about 10:30 pm after a long day at Silver Dollar City and check in literally took only 2 minutes! The room was right up front, close to the main building. The room was great - we had a family unit that had a king size bed and a seperate room with 2 doubles. I was pleased with the carpet and bedding, the dark wood headboards, and the walls were actually a sage green instead of institutional white. I was actually thinking they had just remodelled, but when I asked a staff person, they said they hadn't, so I thought they took really good care of their furnishings. The shower unit was totally new and not gross like a lot of hotel showers. I liked that there were actually two sinks (one by the bath and the other on a small counter with the fridge/microwave).

Beds were SUPER comfortable and breakfast the next day was awesome! HOMEMADE pancakes, biscuits and gravy, the dining area was very pretty with lots of tables and a nice fireplace, already decorated for Christmas. Two lovely ladies ran the kitchen and were very nice to talk with. Plus it's FREE so there is a cost savings on a meal.

Unfortunately, the walls are really thin and we were apparently on the other side of the ice machine because we heard people talking and getting ice a lot and in the mornings, and as people are walking by the window the suitcases rolled by VERY noisely, keeping me from sleeping in as long as I was hoping.

A few downsides: This is set up more like a "motel" with exterior doors. I do prefer interior hallways for safety reasons, however the exterior of the hotel was nice and clean. Also, I ended up booking through reservebranson.com because the ChoiceHotel website wouldn't allow me to book the type of room I wanted, thus I didn't get any reward points for staying there. Also, it's right on the strip which means traffic is horrible. Not their fault though.

Room Tip: If you have teenagers and or more than 3 "tween" kids, the famly suite with one king and t...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Kansas City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We just spent 3 nights at the Branson Quality Inn as part of a Silver Dollar City package deal. The rates were good, and we were specifically looking for indoor pool and free breakfast. We have 2 teenagers. The rooms were pretty nice with nice bedding and new-looking clean carpet. Shower head broke on us, but was fixed immediately!

Breakfast was fine, although typical midwestern heart-attack fare. Very little protein and almost everything was processed and full of sugar/carbs, but that's pretty typical at this kind of hotel. I guess it's what people want. The lobby also looked recently decorated and was nice.

The pool was warm and decent, but wow, what a lot of chlorine. Our eyes burned just sitting near it for 30 minutes and my daughter's hair is bleached after 3 swims! There was a laundry area that looked decent and the elevator worked well.

My only real complaint is the concrete outside hallways and stairwells were gross. It seems they have spent money to upgrade, but need to spend money on a power-washer for the stairs & halls. Also, there was broken furniture sort of shoved in corners under stairwells - looked kind of trashy. So as we were entering for the first time we were really unimpressed, but then it turned out to be okay in the rooms & lobby. Not a bad place to stay, but could use a little sprucing.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family