New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Indian Point Lodge

Indian Point Lodge
Ranked #129 of 145 Hotels in Branson
Missouri
“From website.. my expectations were set WAY too high”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

First off, let me say that I did not stay in the lodge. I stayed in a 2 bedroom condo, (which was within walking distance to the lodge.) I had visited their website and spoke to staff on the phone and was expecting much more than I got. 1) Room was clean, but dated. Green marble tub was ok... but the dark green towels were not. I prefer my public towels to be washed in bleach please :) 2) The "heated pool" that is open all year long is a joke. It is outside and was covered and not very warm. 3) The "5 hot tubs open all year long"... well, I only found 2 of them and they are not kept warm on a consistant basis and the jets are not very powerful at all. 4) When I walked in the game room, I felt as though I stepped back into the 70's, but it wasn't a cool experience. The games were old, the ping pong table only had one paddle, and the machine that was supposed to have ping pong balls to purchase was empty. 5) Don't expect a stocked kitchen. There wasn't even salt and pepper and when I asked for it, I got it, but not without a lecture about how they don't supply any food items. 6) We never got our mid-week housekeeping service that the paperwork said we would get, and we were lucky to get clean towels. (you have to hang them outside in a specific place by 11AM. Half the time we weren't even awake by 11:00.) It was nice to have 3 tvs and both bedrooms had a DVD player. The beds were comfortable enough and there was even a bed that pulled out from the wall in the living room. When all this stuff was new, I bet this resort used to be a fabulous place to stay. Now, it is simply a run-down resort on the lake. During the summer, it would be a great place to stay if you like boating on the lake. (There is also a conservation park with playground/paved walking trails/beach swimming area that is for public use very close by for $4.00 per day). Lower your expectations with this piece of property folks.... it's not what it used to be.

Room Tip: From reading the other reviews, be sure and get a condo room and not a room in the lodge.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dayonthebeach
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Papillion
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed (my husband and two boys) at the lodge. Actually, we didn't even stay one night it was so bad I took the loss of $200 from my deposit. It is very old and outdated. It smelled horrible! The "floorplan" of the room on their website makes it appear that there is more room than there actually is. When you stepped in the door you are immediately confronted by the first bed right up against the window and AC unit (which isn't completely sealed from the outside) you take a couple more steps and are confronted with the two twin beds that are right on top of each other. The beds were hard as a rock and crackled every time you moved. The TV was hanging on the wall at the head of the second twin bed where not only can you not view the TV very well, but if you get up quickly you are apt to hit your head on the corner and wind up needing stitches. My husband tried to wash his hands in the bathroom sink and let the water run for a while, but it didn't get warm so I was concerned about hot water for showers. There were cobwebs everywhere, the light switch didn't work. We turned the heat on to try and warm up the small room. I was a little concerned about leaving it on while we were out because it was so close to the bed and the air came out so hot I was afraid it might start a fire. However it was so cold we did it anyway. When we came back a couple hours later the room was still chilly and the heating unit was off. Needless to say, it didn't matter at that point since we decided to leave. In the end we ended up forfeiting the deposit because we couldn't stomach the idea of staying even one night. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. For the amount of money we paid it wasn't even close to being considered a 1-star place. Additionally, the staff initially tried to tell us we were forfeiting all our money (including the amount we paid upon arrival) even though their receipt clearly states the policy of keeping the deposit. They eventually did refund us the amount we paid on arrival and we ate the deposit.

We ended up finding another place that was what I would consider at least a 4-star which included a full breakfast for free as well as free dessert each night and it was only $54-64 night (before taxes) and the customer service was MUCH MUCH better!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but in at this lodge!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Kelly M

Travellers are raving about these Branson hotels

Moscow Mills, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I booked a lodge room with a kitchenette coming in Friday night. The room was terrible! Only 2 of the 4 burners on the stove worked, the heater is so old you were either too hot and sweating or cold, the carpeting was torn and dirty, the beds itchy,the whole place needed to be gutted and cleaned up! Saturday morning I called to tell the office to advise them the stove didn't work. We came back in the afternoon and still not fixed plus the room was unlocked. I went up to the office to tell them i wanted money back for the first night and they offered another room. I went back to tell my family and the housekeeper came to tell me we couldn't go in that room because the stove didn't work. Three rooms later I called the office again and told them to change us to a condo (housekeeper told us those rooms are much nicer). The condo that we received was nice and clean. The housekeeping and maintance person were helpful, the office staff not at all. I have requested a credit for the first night as they did not give us what we had paid for. If you put this on your credit card, call and stop payment. i've done it before and I'm doing it again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel! This resort has made NO changes and doesn't seem to care about their gue...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SusanBerg
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Family booked a 3 bedroom unit over Thanksgiving! The rooms were tiny & filled with 2 full beds in each room leaving no floor space! Very cramped. Dingy green carpet & mauve furniture with holes in the arms showing the stuffing!! Very nasty looking! We had small kids & didn't even want them sitting or crawling anywhere in this unit! No wi-fi, one small tv for entire 3 bedroom unit, no DVD player, no amenities! Don't know how they call this place a resort! It is far from it!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank klw3287
Edwardsville, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

This place for the price was terrible. NEVER RENT HERE. The place was dirty,no room service, The clerks were rude, not helpful and you have to hang your towels outside and maybe,just maybe someone will exchange them. The heath department needs to look at this mess. what a joke, very overpriced.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business