“I came here to chill out not put up kids.”

Still Waters Resort
Ranked #31 of 141 Hotels in Branson
Sherwood, Arkansas, United States
“I came here to chill out not put up kids.”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I used to enjoy coming to Stillwaters. This time was crazy I will not be returning. I paid $1,100 to relax not put up with kids playing football outside my room and kids running around the room above me

Room Tip: Try some place else
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank John W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Kansas
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We have stayed at Still Water many many times and have had great experiences but this time I am still in shock. We checked in around 5:30 pm on Friday night, knowing we had to be at the Belle at 6:50 for boarding. Once we walked in you could see crumbs on the counter and my girlfriend went to the bathroom right away to start getting ready. Once in there she said the floor was 'sticky'. As I was getting around I saw something under the side table between the love seat and the couch, upon approaching I saw 2 used tissues and potato chips on the floor. I called the front desk and they were more than willing to put us into a better and bigger unit, problem was we were on a time schedule and couldn't move right then. So we moved around 12:30 when we got back. Upon getting into our new room my girlfriend went to get stuff out of her bag to remove her makeup and dropped something at the foot of the bed. Upon picking it up she said to me that there were crumbled up plastic cups under the bed. We told the people on checkout what the second room held for us and they were just in shock because there is a supervisor or someone that is to double check the rooms after they are cleaned and that they too must not be doing their job. Needless to say there was not hint from anybody at the front desk upon checkout to make things right or to get us to return there again and not so sure we will either. Again I have stayed there many many times before with nothing like this ever being a issue. Just makes you wonder if everything else was cleaned or not....

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Krismccarty
alma
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I LOVED staying here. So many things to do (adults & kids alike). The room was clean. Had everything we needed. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank tp1215
Dardanelle, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Just got back from very relaxing vacation. I was impressed with everything about the resort. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo that looked like it was new. The master bedroom had a king size bed and jacuzzi tub. The other bedroom had 2 queen sized beds and the living room had a pull out queen size bed. It was perfect for our family of 7, that included a 2 yr old, a 4 yr old, 3 young adults and Nana and PawPaw. The kitchen was fully furnished with everything from microwave, stove and dishwasher to pots and pans and dishes. Extremly clean and easy to maintain. We were upstairs and had a nice deck. I watched the birds and squirrels every morning. The kids loved the pools, the boats, the fishing and the playground. There was really no need to leave the resort which made it all the more relaxing. To address a few issues I saw in other reviews: we did not have any problems with the bikes not being in good shape, they even had one with training wheels. I loved the towel exchange, no need to worry about when a maid was going to show up to change them out. It was at my convenience. The staff and other vacationers were extremely nice and friendly. I did not incounter a single grumpy person. We hated to leave and will be going back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BCunningham_12
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We happened upon Still Waters Resort thru a Groupon offer and we were very pleased overall. The staff was friendly and helpful. The condo was very spacious, bedrooms very large and each had it's own bathroom. The views of the lake were just beautiful. We enjoyed fishing off the dock( I provided the entertainment by catching back to back turtles) kayaks and paddle boats were provided for guests use. There were also bikes for riding around the grounds unfortunately each one we tried to ride was uncomfortable and need to be maintained or replaced which would have been great fun if they were in better working order. The pools appeared to be nice one was opened while we were there in April but they are not heated! Branson held many opportunities for family fun which we had. Still Waters is in a wonderful setting with easy access to the lake which is not the case for all the lake front condos in the area...we look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Higher floors less noise from the floor above we could hear the people above us and we moved to a la...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family