Positives: clean, well appointed rooms, thoughtful and friendly customer care, close to downtown Branson
Negatives: middle-aged mattress, average breakfast
Staff members at the Best Western Plus at Branson Landing "get it". They understand that to be in the hospitality business, its important to be "hospitable"!
We checked ratings in several places before booking and the hotel was highly regarded by customers. Those ratings are no mistake. We had an excellent experience at this hotel.
We arrived about 1 a.m. after a grueling three-hour drive over fog-covered two-lane mountain roads. Despite the late hour the clerk cheerfully greeted us and quickly completed the check-in process.
At registration the clerk presented a "rewards" sack containing a couple of bottles of water, a bag of microwave popcorn...and a number of sample products and coupons. The samples probably cost the hotel nothing, but the fact they were thoughtful enough to collect and package them was very impressive. I've never received anything quite like it from this level of hotel during a million miles of business travel.
Our room was extremely clean and very well-appointed. It was somewhat cramped but had enough room for two. Among the amenities one detail caught my attention...a box with three electrical outlets attached to the table. In most places we must search for a spare wall outlet or recharge devices on the vanity. This box was just one of many examples of attention to detail.
Other amenities included standards like a large flat-screen TV, ample dresser, coffeemaker and micro-fridge...and some unexpected luxuries like a vanity cabinet, extra pillows, and a towel folded into a swan.
An indoor salt-water pool is available for those who want to relax and drift a while. At three feet deep, it's not designed for serious swimming. But it could be a great place to unwind.
The hotel sits on a relatively steep hill overlooking historic downtown Branson. An easy downhill two-block walk gets you to Dicks Five-and-Dime and other shops. (Of course, you've got to walk uphill to return to the hotel!) Branson Landing lies about a half-mile further. We had a great time exploring the area on foot. The proximity to shops could be a real advantage "in-season" when Branson roads are clogged with cars.
Although we had a wonderful stay, there were a couple of things that weren't quite as good as other hotels recently visited. While our bed wasn't "uncomfortable", the mattress obviously had been around a while. Our room faced Highway 76 and was sometimes noisy due to traffic outside. (Easy solution: ask for a room on the other side of the property.) The biggest disappointment was breakfast: it lacked variety we've seen at other hotels in this price range.
Despite these minor flaws, we'd return here because of the overwhelmingly positive overall experience. From the front desk to the housekeepers to the general manager, everyone was kind, courteous, and efficient. Coupled with the comfortable room, thoughtful amenities and central location, the Branson Landing Best Western Plus is the type of place we wish we could find everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What a wonderful location close to Branson Landing. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Landing View Inn & Suites is located in historic downtown Branson where you can walk to the Lake Taneycomo waterfront, go on a lake boat excursion or enjoy hours of shopping at our endless shops, antique stores and much more. We are only minutes away from all the music shows and fun things to do for all ages. We are open all year. At our friendly reservation desk, you can start your vacation with a smile. Enjoy the life of leisure in our new hot tub, indoor pool and sauna. Make a reservation and save today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Landing View Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Landing View Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Landing View Hotel Branson
- Best Western Branson
- Branson Best Western