“New Owner- Worth a second chance!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Uncle John's Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Branson
Uncle John's Inn
Ranked #29 of 49 Branson B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“New Owner- Worth a second chance!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

We happened upon Uncle John's by chance over the 4th Holiday- trying to find somewhere close to SDC/Indian Point-Table Rock Lake, that wasn't going to take our last $ at the last minute. Rooms were clean-ample easy front door parking, also had a nice pool around back all for 40 bucks. Spoke with new owners, nice people trying to restore a business.

M & S
Denver,CO

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank TRLFun
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2009

We picked this hotel because of location to Silver Dollar City. We stayed there 5 years ago and it was just fine. However this time we found a different experience. We arrived, dropped off our things and headed out to do all Branson had to offer. We were pulling out of the parking lot, just went from reverse to drive and the owner standing on the sidewalk started yelling at us SLOW DOWN!! and waving his hands down to us. We were not, absolutely not, driving fast we had just put the truck into drive! There was a roach on our clothes hanging up when we got back to the room. The owner has a dog that barks at strangers. When my nephew barked back at the dog the owner said that would make the dog bite him. There was not a pool and we asked for about the pool when we made the reservation. He said he had hurt his hands and couldn't find help getting it ready. I asked if he had WiFi and he scoffed at me as if it were a bad thing to ask for WiFi.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
didibranson, Owner at Uncle John's Inn, responded to this review, 15 May 2010
My husband and I are the new owners of this establishment, and I am so sorry for your experience and I certainly know what you mean. We are nothing like the previous owner and are rooms are very clean. We are in the process of doing some renovation to the place, especially the living quarters which when completed will be available as a rental. We have also changed the name of this establishment to "Silver Spoke Lodge" , and I hope you might give us another chance some time in the future. So please except my apology for the previous owner.

Travellers are raving about these Branson hotels

Memphis, TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2007

Recently, my wife and myself and a group of six other couples had the misfortune of meeting the "host" of this "resort". We pulled in off the road and approached the office which had a vacancy sign. The "host" came out, blocked the drive and told us to get off his property and that we were trespassing. Seems like an unusual way to treat your prospective guests, doesn't it? Suffice it to say that I would recommend that you get arrested and spend the night in jail rather than stay here. I'm sure the accommodations and the hospitality both would be better.

• Liked — The fact that I didn't end up staying there.
  • Disliked — Everything. It stank.
  • Stayed September 2007
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)