“Odd person running, barking dog, no pool”
Review of Uncle John's Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Branson
Uncle John's Inn
Ranked #31 of 48 Branson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2009

We picked this hotel because of location to Silver Dollar City. We stayed there 5 years ago and it was just fine. However this time we found a different experience. We arrived, dropped off our things and headed out to do all Branson had to offer. We were pulling out of the parking lot, just went from reverse to drive and the owner standing on the sidewalk started yelling at us SLOW DOWN!! and waving his hands down to us. We were not, absolutely not, driving fast we had just put the truck into drive! There was a roach on our clothes hanging up when we got back to the room. The owner has a dog that barks at strangers. When my nephew barked back at the dog the owner said that would make the dog bite him. There was not a pool and we asked for about the pool when we made the reservation. He said he had hurt his hands and couldn't find help getting it ready. I asked if he had WiFi and he scoffed at me as if it were a bad thing to ask for WiFi.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
didibranson, Owner at Uncle John's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2010

My husband and I are the new owners of this establishment, and I am so sorry for your experience and I certainly know what you mean. We are nothing like the previous owner and are rooms are very clean. We are in the process of doing some renovation to the place, especially the living quarters which when completed will be available as a rental. We have also changed the name of this establishment to "Silver Spoke Lodge" , and I hope you might give us another chance some time in the future. So please except my apology for the previous owner.

Reviewed 17 September 2007

Recently, my wife and myself and a group of six other couples had the misfortune of meeting the "host" of this "resort". We pulled in off the road and approached the office which had a vacancy sign. The "host" came out, blocked the drive and told us to get off his property and that we were trespassing. Seems like an unusual way to treat your prospective guests, doesn't it? Suffice it to say that I would recommend that you get arrested and spend the night in jail rather than stay here. I'm sure the accommodations and the hospitality both would be better.

• Stayed: September 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)