New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton Branson Convention Center

Hilton Branson Convention Center
Ranked #22 of 145 Hotels in Branson
Illinois City, Illinois
“Nickle & Dime = Arm & Leg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I know that many high end hotels think it’s ok to charge for parking and internet, but I do not. If it were NYC where no one has a car to park, that would be one thing, but this is Branson. Everyone has one! You can expect to pay for the little things here. Forgive me, but that’s just cheep to do that to your guests. Now that that’s off my chest...
The room was all you would expect from a $200 a night room. It was clean and pleasant in every way. The bed was ultimately comfortable. I do not remember waking up once. The location was easy walking from the landing and all of the shops and restaurants therein. As long as you go in with your eyes open, I recommend the Hilton.
One note, We were tuckered out from a busy day and chose to order a pizza. The Hilton will not allow Dominoes to come up to your room. You must descend to the lobby to get it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Kirkwood, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel was beyond my expectations...the rooms were lovely and beautifully appointed.
I requested a room overlooking the lake and the landing, which we were given. The beds were very comfortable and the toiletries in the bathroom were high-end. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to Branson, and I would also recommend THIS Hilton above the Branson Landing Hilton. I have stayed there and like the convention center one much more. HOWEVER, the hotel in my opinion was remiss in giving us a room next to a barking dog. We were there in mid-January when Branson was not busy and the hotel had plenty of rooms. So why we were put next door to a barking dog (I was unaware that the hotel was dog friendly) is beyond me. We called the front desk and they immediately tried to resolve the situation with the barking dog's parents, but if it continued to be a problem, then they would happily move us. Personally, I thought they should move the barking dog people, but that was not offered. Anyway, aside from a few "yips" late at night, it went away. But all in all, just ask for a room that is not next to a barking dog.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor overlooking Lake Taneycomo and the landing. You can see the dancin...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank corkdeb
BillDerbins, General Manager at Hilton Branson Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommending our hotel to the Trip Advisor community. I would like to apologize though for your expereince at the Hilton Promenade. I will certainly address your concerns with the front desk. They should not have placed you in a room next to a dog especially if occupancy is low.

Again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Overland Park, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

This was my first trip to Branson and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My two kids had a great time!! The Hilton was clean, classy and we loved the included breakfast (you have to purchase the breakfast package). The pool was nice also. There were only two problems during our stay...on Sunday there was a loud techno pool party (not kid friendly) and wireless internet is not complimentary. Other than that it was convenient, friendly and upscale.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Anna B
BillDerbins, General Manager at Hilton Branson Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments concerning your recent visit to our property. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities as well as your guest room. I do hope that you come back to visit us again soon.

Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

We've had 5 trips to Branson in 5 months, and I think we've found our new favorite place to stay!! Yes, there are some wonderful B&Bs and condos, but if you like the amenities only a hotel can offer, this is as good as it gets in Branson.

The beds are absolutely fabulous -- right up there with the 5-star Broadmoor in terms of quality and comfort. Even the "cot" we had brought in for our son was a full-size twin mattress -- far superior to the sofa pullout and every bit as comfortable as the regular hotel bed. We all slept well every night of our stay, which I can't say about very many hotel beds.

The location is the best in Branson, right next to the shops and restaurants at the Landing. You could easily stay here for a week without a rental car (although it's nice to have to car to get to the attractions in other parts of Branson).

Just a bit more attention to detail and this place would be perfect. Here are our suggestions to the hotel staff for future reference -- just minor inconveniences, but correcting them would easily bring this place from 4.5 stars up to 5:

1. The shower head was so incredibly high that I had to stand on tippy-toes to reach it. And regardless of how it was adjusted, mostly it just sprayed all over and didn't give a nice flow of water at any setting. We stayed in two different rooms and had the same cheap shower head in both.

Also, because of the way the shower doors were placed, it was impossible to turn on the shower without standing directly under the spray. Makes for a bit of a rude awakening if you don't get the temperature right the first time. Also hard to turn on the shower for your kids if you are in your clothes without getting completely soaked.

2. One of the rooms we stayed in on the 9th floor had an overwhelming mildewy smell. We were told no other rooms were available, so we stayed there anyway, but each time we entered the room, the smell just about knocked us backwards. We pretty much kept a patio window open all of the time to air it out. (The second room on the 10th floor, after our flight was cancelled, did not have that problem.)

3. Our coffee pot in the second room brewed a quarter cup of coffee in the morning and then just quit working. We were already running late so we didn't bother to ask for it to be replaced.

4. If you are sensitive to scents, you may want to bring your own shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Even my husband, who will normally use any shampoo, passed on this because of the smell. Usually a high quality hotel has nicer products that we enjoy using. Not these!

5. The business center was a joke. The Internet was down, so I could not log on to print our boarding passes. When I tried to hook up my Apple laptop to use the printer for some work documents, I was told by tech support that their systems were not compatible with Apple and there was no way for me to use their printer. I think they need to update their technology to keep up with their customers' needs.

6. Finally, maid service was spotty. The only thing they did consistently was make one bed, empty the trash, and put fresh towels in the bathroom. In every hotel we've ever stayed in, the sleeper-sofa is always put back together when they make up the room. In this case, the sleeper sofa was always left out. Also, our toilet paper, even when down to the last quarter inch, was never replaced; we had to call the front desk to ask them to bring more when we ran out. And the dishes in the sink were never loaded to the dishwasher, nor were the clean dishes in the dishwasher ever put away.

Other than these minor inconveniences, the Hilton at the Convention Center is a great place to stay and far superior to anything else in Branson. We'll definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: Cots are actually twin beds and much more comfortable than the sleeper sofas. Rooms on the side by t...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank radochele
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting ythe Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel on several occasions. We certainly appreciate your patronage of our property and your kind comments pretaining to our locations as well as the beds. I have also addressed your constructive feedback with my managers for their immediate involvement. I do apologize that these incidents occured and I would like to ensure you that during your next visit to our property all of these items will be corrected.

Mesa (Mesa County), Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

Excellent choice in Branson. Staff had trouble with their computers and it took forever to check-in, but they comped our parking for the inconvenience. (Self-parking is conveniently located just across the street.) Staff also comped internet after we told them our reservations agent had assured us that internet service was included. Staff was helpful throughout, with good directions to avoid some of the traffic, and helpful suggestions about Branson entertainment. Beds were comfy, and our room was immaculate. Breakfast buffet was fresh and delicious. Also try breakfast at Clockers Cafe, about a block uphill from the Hilton. Great food, good value, and super friendly wait staff.

Hotel location is an easy walk to the Landing, but allow enough time to drive to many of the main entertainment venues. Traffic is horrendous and very slow on the main road from the Hilton up to an hour before show times. Staff can suggest shortcuts to some of the theaters. There was no concierge on duty during our stay, but desk and valet staff were all very knowledgeable and helpful.

Room Tip: High floor, river view
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us this past October. I am pleased you enjoyed your room accomodations and breakfast. I will also recognize the front office staff for taking such good care of you during your stay. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back and thank you for taking time to share a review with the TripAdvisor community.

Warm Regards,