“Stormy Point Village is a great place to stay!”

and 1 more site!
Stormy Point Village a Summerwinds Resort
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I am actually an owner at Stormy Point. Unlike others(who gave negative comments) who like to use the accommodations for yearly visits, but refuse to become an owner, my family loves it!! The staff is always friendly. Any time we have had an issue, maintenance has come right away to correct the problem. They are a little farther behind this year due to the tornado, so the waterpark wasn't completed as we'd hoped. The clubhouse and pool kept our kids busy and entertained. The landscaping and exterior is always well kept. We have NEVER stayed in a unit that was dirty, had peeling paint, or doors that didn't work.The units are equipped with everything we need to stay for the week,tastefully decorated, and clean! Just the fact that you are in your own house, you don't share walls or entrances with anyone else, truly makes it feel like a home away from home and not a hotel.
While I am rating this property as excellent, the sales side of it was not. We bought in 4 years ago.We got lured in with a cheap 3 night/4 day stay at a 5 star hotel, show tickets, and meal tickets like most everyone else. The hotel was far from 5 star with a heated pool that wasn't. The free meal wasn't free, as we still had to pay taxes and gratuity. The show was good. The 90 minute presentation turned into 6 hours for us, but we grilled them about everything and got all of our questions answered and in writing before we decide to buy. The sales people do what they've been trained to do. They talk about themselves a lot and brag about their vacations. They talk around your questions and stall. We had our 2 1/2 year old with us and they thought it was a good idea to shove her into the play room, where we couldn't see her, with total strangers. They didn't really care about her schedule or whether it was meal time, they wanted the sale.
So, go in prepared if you go. Be aware of the sell tactics. But don't discount this property just because of the lousy sales side. It really is a great place to own/stay.

9  Thank J T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

First let me start by saying that the female security officer at the front gate is the best! The friendliest person I've met in the great state of MO. She was very helpful, thoughtful and went out of her way to make sure we had a great time. The resort was very nice. Yes, they is some wear and tear around the homes and furnishings but I thought it added to the charm. I will say a good dusting on the front and back porch daily by staff would be nice as spiders seems to really like spinning web. Eewwh! The front desk staff was very friendly as well as the other staff thorghout the resort. I only encounter one staff member who seem to be having a bad day in the gift shop. It seemed that once she was aware that she was starting to annoy us, her attitude quickly changed. My only suggestions would be to expand the swimming pool area to lessen the congestion and to really serve a "country style breakfast buffet" when you advertise it as such. When you pay $12.00 a person, you expect more than a spoonful of cold eggs and greasy bacon. Other than that, we will be visiting again. Silver Dollar City is a must, bring walking shoes. :)

3  Thank Ren W
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Four of us, me, wife and two teenage daughters, took our 4th of July vaction at Stormy Point, and the consensus is that we will return. We stayed in a two-story 3-bedroom/2-bath cottage, and we experienced none of the cleaniless problems I have read in other reviews.

We were presently surprised to be supplied with laundry detergent, dryer sheets, dish-washing detergent, etc.. My wife would have liked to have a general purpose/glass cleaner, but otherwise we had enough supplies to keep the place clean. We made good use of the George Foreman grill. My only recommendation would be to provide a cooking guide for its use.

We were all very pleased with the overall layout and appearance of the grounds and buildings. I did notice some weathering on a the trim of a view cottages. I was also very pleased with the response time and ability of the maintenance crew. The ceiling fan in the master bedroom had two speeds: slow and stop; however, after I notified the front desk, the repairmen were at the cottage before I returned.

I have two complaint about the master bedroom. First, the insistence to overdo the nautical theme and use rope to hang the curtain prevents full coverage of the window and allows a lot of light - just use rings! Second, the window over the bed has no shade, again allowing light to shine into the room; however, we easily remedied this by jamming pillows into the window.

The pool is small, but the girls seemed to enjoy it. The fitness center is marginal; other than two machies with weight stacks, there was nothing to provide any form of resistance training - plenty of cardio equipment. Also, the gym needs some form of water dispenser; perhaps one similar to the one on the second floor. Why is it up there? How about three, one for each level?

We did not participate in any of the activities; partly because we kept ourselves busy, partly because I did not see them as good values. I think that the upstairs lounge is underutilized. As far as I know, they only offer breakfast on Monday morning with some entertainment. On Thursday, my wife, the two girls and my wife's older daughter went to the lounge. They enjoyed the food, and my wife felt that the prices for the food and the drinks were acceptable.

As I had not been to the property since 2006, I allowed myself to be roped into the "owners update." I balked at paying $20 - if it is to my benefit, why wouldn't I show up?, but ultimately paid the (refundable) fee. It was more of a waste of time than I could imagine! The first hour and more was spent with some yahoo who extolled the benefits of ownership without doing any real work. (I am already an owner.)

I did find out that I had lost all the travel benefits I had under Festiva, but I still had my week at Stormy Point. Thankfully once the finance man learned that I was not interested in "upgrading", he quickly allowed us to leave! One plus: we saved over $100 on Dixie Stampede tickets. What a show! I would hesitate and paying full fare (@$200), but for $80, it was worth it.

The security personnel were extremely friendly and greeted us like old friends.

Room Tip: The entrance into Stormy Point is a clearly marked gate; however, in following the GPS to the addres...
3  Thank CnC4Life
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We were here for a week in late June and it was hot. The pool was cool, though as expected it was very popular. The acivities people were nice and they had outdoor movies, snow cones, popcorn. Breakfast with the stars on monday morning was cool. Our family had a very enjoyable time here and my parents go here about a month a year. I didn't mark as excellent. Why: this isn't a 5 star property. Everything they do is solid and quality and the people are super nice. As I type this I decided to change to excellent. If you need luxury, you probably aren't going to Branson, so this is probably about as good as it gets.

4  Thank Veni-vidi-vicidotcom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We are timeshare owners. This was our first stay at Stormy Point in a 3 bedroom cottage with 4 adults and 2 children. Our entire experience could not have been better beginning with our reservations. Everyone went above and beyond to accomodate our wishes. The cottage was immaculate and well stocked with anything one might need. The entertainment for Breakfast With The Stars on Monday was great. Memorial Day Barbeque with live entertainment was very good. The only thing that would be better is if the patio had been screen enclosed, and if computer access had been available. Most of the timeshares we have stayed have the enclosed patios which makes it much more pleasant not being bothered by bugs. Any issues we had or anything we needed, someone was there to take care of it immediately. I would recommend this property to anyone. AWESOME Stay!

Room Tip: We asked for a unit that faced the woods and the request was given. Steps might be a problem for som...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family