I am actually an owner at Stormy Point. Unlike others(who gave negative comments) who like to use the accommodations for yearly visits, but refuse to become an owner, my family loves it!! The staff is always friendly. Any time we have had an issue, maintenance has come right away to correct the problem. They are a little farther behind this year due to the tornado, so the waterpark wasn't completed as we'd hoped. The clubhouse and pool kept our kids busy and entertained. The landscaping and exterior is always well kept. We have NEVER stayed in a unit that was dirty, had peeling paint, or doors that didn't work.The units are equipped with everything we need to stay for the week,tastefully decorated, and clean! Just the fact that you are in your own house, you don't share walls or entrances with anyone else, truly makes it feel like a home away from home and not a hotel.
While I am rating this property as excellent, the sales side of it was not. We bought in 4 years ago.We got lured in with a cheap 3 night/4 day stay at a 5 star hotel, show tickets, and meal tickets like most everyone else. The hotel was far from 5 star with a heated pool that wasn't. The free meal wasn't free, as we still had to pay taxes and gratuity. The show was good. The 90 minute presentation turned into 6 hours for us, but we grilled them about everything and got all of our questions answered and in writing before we decide to buy. The sales people do what they've been trained to do. They talk about themselves a lot and brag about their vacations. They talk around your questions and stall. We had our 2 1/2 year old with us and they thought it was a good idea to shove her into the play room, where we couldn't see her, with total strangers. They didn't really care about her schedule or whether it was meal time, they wanted the sale.
So, go in prepared if you go. Be aware of the sell tactics. But don't discount this property just because of the lousy sales side. It really is a great place to own/stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Ozark Mountains overlooking beautiful Table Rock Lake, Stormy Point Village is an enchanting resort styled after a timeless Cape Cod fishing village. With more than 200 two, three and four bedroom cottages, this resort is conveniently located minutes from endless attractions and great shopping. Stormy Point is a gated resort to ensure guest safety, and each standalone cottage is equipped with a full kitchen, 42-inch flat screen TV and private porch for relaxing. While close in proximity to the lake, restaurants and attractions, there is plenty to see and do without leaving the resort grounds. Stormy Point is complete with $11.5 million in amenities, making this a fine choice for any family. Resort amenities include indoor and outdoor swimming pools, the Pirate's Harbor Water Park, two restaurants, bar and lounge areas and a 63-foot lighthouse. There are also numerous resort-sponsored activities for families that include kid activities, seasonal events, and arts and crafts. Your home away from home awaits at Stormy Point Village. Relax in the picnic and play areas, enjoy leisure time in one of the two clubhouses onsite, and stop by one of our two gift shops to take home a souvenir that will bring back wonderful vacation memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Stormy Point Village a Summerwinds Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stormy Point Village a Summerwinds Hotel Branson
- Stormy Point Village Branson
- Stormy Point Village Hotel Branson