All reviews short walk perfect location family reunion dock lake bedding accommodations toaster bedroom ozarks condo
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed as a group of 8 adults for a long weekend of boating. The cabin we stayed in was rather dated, but adequate and clean. The resort owner was very friendly and showed us another cabin that's been recently renovated. We'll definitely try to book that one next time. The pool is nice and centrally located. It's just a short walk to the boat docks from the cabins. We had two boats for our group and there were plenty of open slips. The boat dock could use a little work, as there are a few rotten boards here and there. There is an ice cooler with plenty of ice so you never have to worry about going elsewhere to get it. Definitely nothing fancy, but not roughing it by any means. Overall, good experience for a lake weekend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank wildcat2003
Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

We had a group of 8 adults and 8 kids teens to toddlers, that stayed for 5 days. We had 3 boats and used the boat dock and slips. Our cabin was tidy and neat but a few cobwebs. The full kitchen was stocked with plenty of utensils, plates, miscellaneous items, a toaster, coffee maker and microwave. Some cabins had full bathtub/shower combos ours had just a shower. The deck looking over the lake was nice however partially Obstructed by trees. We used the BBQ pits every night and ate out on the picnick tables in a quiet common ground area. The pool was clean and nice. The on site ice chest came in very handy. The rental boats looked like they were in working order but needed some cleaning. The cove is quiet with only a little boat traffic to other docks in the cove. We fished each night from the dock and our boat watching gorgeous sunsets. It is located very close to Silver Dollar City but you would never know because there is no traffic on the road. At the top of driveway there is a small restaraunt tht over looks the lake and at the top of the road there is a convienent store, pub, Ice cream shop and zip line tower. The few negatives are the cobwebs in the cabins and also heavily on the dock. Also this is just annoying but you had to go get trash bogs from the office when the small kitchen trash can was full which we filled often because we cooked most of our own food for meals. We would return for sure and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank KGRN
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This was our third visit to Antlers Resort spread out over the past 8 years and we plan to return some day.
I have been visiting this region of the Ozarks since I was child from time to time and my wife and I and family seem to have ended up making a trip there about every 4-5 years over our nearly 40 years of marriage. We discovered the Indian Point area many years ago and have stayed there whenever visiting since then. It is a world apart from Branson, quite, relaxed with none of the glitz and tackiness of Branson yet Branson is just a few minutes away. Plus, if you do just a bit of planning you will be traveling the opposite direction of the Branson-Sliver Dollar City traffic and can avoid the long traffic backups.

Antlers Resort reminds me of the "old Ozarks." Plain and simple and no pretense of being fancy. The cabins are mostly older perhaps 60s era construction and show their age a bit but are kept well maintained and spotlessly clean. They are cabins, not condos and not houses and are fairly lightly built.

Doug and Cheryl are great hosts. None of that gushy fake friendliness that is scripted at some resorts. Just good plain people who enjoy having you as a guest. When the cabins are full, they get very busy but never too busy to attend to your needs. If you are looking for a 5-star resort with all of the amenities, go somewhere else. If you want a quiet place to relax for a few days, good access to Table Rock Lake, or a place to escape from Branson, Antlers resort is a good choice.

Antlers has a nice swimming pool and the grand kids made good use of it every evening. You can also swim off the Antlers boat ramp if you prefer swimming in Table Rock Lake. However, wear some kind of swimming shoe as there are sharp rocks, etc. Keep the younger kids in the swimming pool. We did not bring a boat but Antlers also has a nice covered boat dock where you can keep your boat if needed.

We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Not all cabins have lake views. If that is important to you, specifically as for a lake view when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank whoknows987
Reviewed 19 August 2010

After looking for a few years for that place to say I would go back next year, we have finally found it in Antler's Resort. My family and another family of 5 stayed for a week at Antlers and spent it in a 3 bedroom cabin. The cabins are very clean and very well laid out. We stayed in the newest cabin but took a look in all the other cabins as well and although the others were older they are still very clean and well updated. All cabins are close to the pool, the game room, and the office. We had younger kids and teenagers alike and all liked what the place had to offer, including the play equipment and basketball court. It is a walk to the lake but the owners have made it easy to park down by the dock for those who didn't want to walk down or back up after boating. The dock is large and has big slips for boats, as well as a nice boat ramp that makes it easy to get your boat in and out of the water. If one thing could be improved on it would be the dock to have a swim platform. We however were able to jump off and then enter back through out boat, as were others. Also they have a great ice set up just outside the office which may seem menial but it sure beat having to drive to the store for ice in the coolers! Great place and great owners! We have plans to return for 2011!.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank sawnjaw
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My grandpa, Jim Kohout, first introduced my family to Antler’s Resort well before I can even remember. I have been going to Antler’s Resort since the 1990s as a kid. I am grown-up now, but Antler’s Resort will DEFINENTLY be a place I will take my family, and I would HIGHLY suggest it to anyone in Branson, Missouri. They have a great location! They are almost as close as you can get to Silver Dollar City and many other attractions in Missouri, such as, mini putt-putt, real golf, the Dixie Stamped, great restaurants (German/Pizza place is right up the road from Antlers Resort), and the movies. If you would just like to stay at the resort there is plenty of stuff for everyone. Parents you can let your kids go and have fun, right next to where you stay. It is extremely safe! I have stayed everywhere at Antler’s resort. When we had a trailer we stayed in the perfect RV slot! When I went with my grandparents we stayed in a small cabin that included two beds, a kitchen, a bathroom, and you can even walk out the back door and relax on a deck. When I went there for Thanksgiving with my family we stayed in a cabin that had its own personal room for my parents, and a room for me and my brother. It also included a TV, bathroom, deck, and kitchen. There are bathrooms for tent campers or even RV campers that only have one bathroom in them. When two people need the bathroom it was great to have extra bathrooms close by. They have a basketball court, a pool (includes a slide and diving board), a game room, and a dock (you can rent a boat; rent a slot for your own boat, and it’s great for fishing off of). They have had people come there for family reunions as well. The owners are amazing! Their place is very well kept. One time we even got stuck on the complete opposite side of the lake. Guess who came to our rescue? One of the owners! Granted they had almost everything cleaned that day. You do need to show respect, and you will get it back. I might also add that Table Rock Lake, Indian Point, is close to the camp sight. However, if you are in your 70s, like my Grandma was, you will need to take a car downhill to the lake, but she enjoyed it that much!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple