“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #3 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Maine
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The front desk people were friendly and helpful. We even bought a couple of show tickets at the front desk. Mostly we bought tickets from the 2 for 1 Branson ticket place that is not a timeshare place.

The room was clean and had 2 queen beds. It was a non-smoking room. In fact, I think the hotel may be completely non-smoking. There is also an elevator. They have a small outside pool that wasn't open yet. We were there from March 21-25, 2012. The price was reasonable, about $62 a night. I believe it also has free Wi-fi.

We really enjoyed their breakfast and evening snacks. They have a waffle maker, cereal, fruit cocktail, canned peaches, cereal, biscuits and gravy, toast, bagels, Krispy Creme doughnuts, hot chocolate, coffee, and two kinds of juice. They may have even had scrambled eggs and sausage (I can't remember for sure). In the evening they had two kinds of cobbler, two or three different kinds of cookies (chocolate chip, macadamia nut, and one other kind, I think), and vanilla soft serve ice cream (or was it soft serve yogurt?)

This hotel is not on the strip, but is very close and is located on one of the back routes (yellow, I think). I will likely try to book this hotel again when I return to Branson.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank kteacherMaine
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Ward, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 December 2011

We stayed at Branson's Best for the Thanksgiving holiday. As usual we called and made reservations several weeks before hand and was quoted the price of $59.99/night. Upon arrival, they told us that we were not quoted that price and that it hadn't been that rate since this season had began. The woman (I forgot to get her name of course) at the front counter had such a terrible attitude, I told DH let's just go to another hotel, but knowing that it was a busy holiday, he said no since he didn't feel like dealing with it. DH told the woman at the front that we have stayed there numerous times, and never once have had any problems, so she looked us up in the "system" and couldn't find where we've stayed even once... which was so ridiculous, because we've stayed there I know at least 10 times before. We paid the difference and got checked into our room.

The room was nice, as always is and has been before. There is a fridge in every room, which we have found to be very convenient. The rooms have been always clean, and they have elevators which make it easily accessible regardless of what floor you stay on. The breakfast was great, as always, as well as the cobbler/ice cream and cookies served in the evenings. (There was a man working one night, and he was soooo great! He kept everything up, and even when another patron was not being the nicest because the cobbler's were getting low (they had 5 minutes until they stopped serving) he said he would go get another one for her!)

The day of check out however (they offer a 1:00pm checkout), our keys stopped working before time to check out. (DH went to go get ice, and tried to come back in, and couldn't..on either card) So we had to prop the door open to be able to go get the rest of things needed and to load our car/etc. I was told it had to do something with magnetization and wasn't controlled by the front office.

I was still very upset from our check in experience, and felt it should be shared (because the woman's attitude was just rank, and that bothered me more than the $30 extra dollars we were being charged) and so I was going to fill out the comment card that was left in the hotel room, but there was no pen. So I brought it back home with me, filled it out and mailed it in. I was called very quickly by a woman named Desiree (sp?) and she was very helpful and courteous. She apologized for the woman's attitude and for the misquoted price, twice actually, which I was very appreciative of. She comped us one night stay, which I told her I greatly appreciated.

We have always been very pleased with Branson's Best, and have referred several people there, and now knowing what it's like to have a problem with them, and seeing that it will be handled appropriately, encourages me to continue to stick with them, and to continue to refer people to them.

Room Tip: All rooms are easily accessible since they installed the elevator. Handicapped rooms only have 1 kin...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank southernqueen20
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We had a great stay here. Very clean and nice location!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Donnyfranklin
Butler, Missouri
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We have been going to Branson for over 25 years and have stayed at several hotels over the years when some friends suggested we try Branson's Best this was 2 years ago and it only took one stay and we've been staying there ever time we are in Branson. Friendly staff rom the manager to housekeeping and just a drive to all the attractions.

Room Tip: We like the upper rooms away from cars coming and going.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 28 November 2011

First time to Branson so I checked TripAdvisor for hotel information. Reviews of Branson's Best stood out so I made a reservation there. Was not disappointed. Was told on arrival that our original room was booked by mistake, so we were given a larger room at the same rate. Had just gotten into the room when the manager came by to see if everything was to our liking. Hot breakfast in the morning was good, as was the cobbler, coffee, and ice cream at night. Pauline W. who cleaned our room was very friendly. Very close to all attractions. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family