“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 140 Hotels in Branson
St Louis Missouri area
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here for two nights in July to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday and thought it was a wonderful place to stay. I had called in advance to ask if there was anything the staff could do to acknowledge his birthday. They were extremely helpful and put a birthday greeting on the marquee outside as well as had "swan towels" on the bed when we arrived.

The location was wonderful and made it very easy to get to the shows. We had a room right next to the pool but had absolutely no problems with noise. We also did not notice any noise through the walls from the room next to us. The breakfast was very good although we do agree with some of the other posts stating a fruit selection would be appreciated. The free popcorn and cookies in the evening is also a bonus! The in-room refrigerator and microwave were also nice to have.

Our only complaint would be the height of the shower head. I am 5'6" and it was at my eye level. Other than that one minor complaint, we thought this was a wonderful place to stay and would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Want-To-Vacation
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stayed in July and were just wanting to get away for a few days. Our daughter and grandson were with us. The staff was very knowledgeable of the area and very helpful! The breakfast was fine, though being a breakfast eater I wished they would have had Bacon and eggs! :) A few days after we arrived back home, my grandson couldn't find his pillow. I called the lodge and Debbie(I think that was her name) looked for it, found it and mailed it to us! Now that's what I call service!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank azraelspapa
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

Okay, it is possible that after reading the other reviews on TA I was expecting a bit more, but for the price one really cannot complain much. The place was quiet, plenty of parking, the rooms were a decent size, with the beds and pillows better than most economy places I have stayed. The kids loved the cookies and popcorn available in the lobby.

We did have a bit of trouble when making our reservations. What happened was my husband had heard an ad on local radio saying if you mentioned the ad when you called the motel you got such and such a rate. Well, when he called the motel they didn't know anything about the ad and wouldn't give him that rate. My husband called the radio station and talked to the advertising dept., luckily he got the gal who had dealt directly with the motel on the ad, and she called the motel for him and got it straightened out. It seemed kind of silly that they wouldn't believe him as it was the same rate people have gotten through Priceline.

As for their advertised breakfast, the gravy is a very bland, plain white gravy mix; however, the biscuits are very nice, but they did run low on them both mornings we were there, and we were there early. There were always plenty of the yummy donuts though. I was a little disappointed that they didn't offer hard boiled eggs, which seem to be available on a lot of complimentary breakfasts these days. Also, the breakfast staff did not seem to speak English and was rather remiss in refilling things such as coffee creamer, sweetener, and cream cheese. I noticed a few people asking for things and they were pretty much ignored. One particular incident I saw was a guy showing the lady in charge of breakfast that they were out of biscuits and instead of her letting him know there weren't anymore she just turned and walked into the room they kept the food in. He stood there for a bit thinking she was coming back with more.

Would I stay there again? Possibly, but with all the deals offered on rooms in Branson it is unlikely I would seek this one out specifically.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Carbondale, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

This was my second stay in three months and they gave me a discount. It is located pretty close to the rest of the attractions, but not on the main road (Hwy 76).

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cde_70
Morrilton, AR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stayed here a few years ago when it was Travelodge and it was a good deal. It's still a bargain but it seems a few small details are missed here and there. The air unit in our room was noisy sometimes and the lamp did not work (not the bulb, tried that). The vaccum cleaner needs to get a little closer to the walls and bed. Don't get me wrong, it's not nasty at all and I would stay here again. We did come in right behind a large tour group so the staff may have been rushed a bit. The fridge and microwave are a nice addition.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple