New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Wish I had read these reviews before I booked this nightmare!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eagle's View Cottages

Eagle's View Cottages
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Wish I had read these reviews before I booked this nightmare!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

We booked 2 nights at this place thinking I had booked a placed where we had stayed several years ago that was nice, but it wasn't the same place. This "cottage" had rotted wood and peeling paint on the outside, dirty floors, and love seat that had holes, one bed that slanted sideways so that you rolled off, another bed that sunk in the middle, flat pillows with no support at all, and such a strong sulfer smell in the water and it nearly made us sick. After one miserable night, we forfeited the money for the 2nd night there and moved into a hotel so we could have a good night's sleep. This place is a dump and I don't recommend it for anyone. The only positive thing I can say is that the staff was nice. Stay someplace else. Nice hotel rooms are almost always available on the 76 strip for cheaper prices that this dump. For what I paid for this dump, I could have stayed 4 nights in a clean hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in a reasonably priced hotel on the 76 Strip
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank None55
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mannford, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

Never believe what you see on the internet! They lie strait out. The pictures they have on the web site is NOT what you get. Once you are there and they have your money, you go to the cottages they are NOT what you pay for. If you want your money back forget it, it is not happening. The heated pool NOT and it had a hole in the side of it. The hot tub dirty and nasty water, would not bathe my dog in it. The room was not even cleaned and they did not care. I will NEVER stay at this rat hole again and I will tell everyone I know of the sad sight of the place. They said we could up grade to a condo but it would cost. Well who would have ever thought. Like I said BAIT AND SWITCH!!! Wish I could get my money back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank angelbear_isme

Travellers are raving about these Branson hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

The Eagle's View Cottages were horrific! We made reservations for a "cottage" to accomodate 6 people, and we were put in a 1970's Double Wide Trailer that the floors had holes in them and carpet was sunken or pulled up, the furniture & decor was maybe 1980's, the dryer didn't work, it had a dehumidifier in it that ran all the time, the cold air return duct was so full of dust & dirt that air didn't even pull through into it for the filth and it had not been painted or tended to in probably 5-10 years!! When we checked out I advised them that their advertisement was not what we received and the lady just took our keys and walked away! This is definitely not a place I would ever recommend to ANYONE to stay at or pay their hard earned money for a room. It is sad they have no upkeep at this place let alone false advertising! Oh and you can forget the lake view!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank travelercj
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

The cabins and pools on this property are extremely hazardous to your health. Our first cabin was a 2 bedroom; we contacted maintenance not long after we got there to look at the refrigerator, they never came; upon moving our food back into our cooler with ice, we found BLACK MOLD growing in the freezer along with mold in the rest of the cabin. We requested to move. The next day they moved us into a doublewide mobile home,clean refrigerator, we soon realized that was all that was clean. They had black fungus growing in 2 of the bedrooms along with a green sheen of mold in one of the back bedrooms. We also found someone's acrylic nail in the bathroom. NASTY Pools and hot tubs, no chlorine in any and falling apart, slides are broken as are the pools. The kiddie pools are being filled with hose water and nothing else!! TERRIBLE Customer service. Everything was dirty, falling apart and just plain UNSANITARY. This place should be shut down for all the unsanitary conditions: also had a broken window with exposed glass, they tried to cover it up with silver duct tape. Everything about this place was dirty!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank kldavi217
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, which is why I booked while on the phone.

However, for the price we paid for our cabin (2-br), we were astonished to find a holey couch with stuffing falling out, a television without a romte and beds that were extremely uncomfortable (my husband and I constantly rolled to the middle). We disappointedly couldn't walk out on the deck with bare feet because there were nails sticking up from the deck. We felt that the location was great, but the accomodations were extremely worn for the price that we paid. I would have expected to find such accomodations for an inexpensive establishment.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family