The Branson Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #56 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Trenton
“Misleading”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Cancelled another hotel to stay here based on photos and reviews. Very Very misleading is the fact that behind this great front entrance is a old motel type hotel where most of the rooms are located. When you book you are not told this and would never have booked if this had been know. Too late to cancel since cancellation day was prior day to arrival. Very unhappy since there are so many other places to choose from. Also breakfast is a voucher to restaurant next door which includes buffet but you are charged for drinks and tip.

Room Tip: Do not recommend this hotel at all. Also please note that on the weekends this main road becomes a p...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deborah R
tim d, General Manager at The Branson Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
I'm sorry to hear you had a problem with the location of your room and I'm sorry you were disappointed in the breakfast. I hope you will give us another chance if you visit Branson in the future.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Pineville, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I was pleased with everything about this hotel regarding great pool, free breakfast, clean room, friendly staff, comfortable beds, and value. I would just like people to be aware of the "ticket sale booth" in the front of Sadies Sideboard restaurant where you receive your free breakfast. We wanted to purchase some show tickets and thought you could possibly just buy them there for convienence. The first thing I asked to man is if there was a catch and do we have to attend a timeshare presentation. He said no, all you have to do is go to such and such place to pick up your tickets. Unfortunately I believed him and never read the receipt he folded and handed to my husband. After I read the fine print about sitting through a 90min presentation I was aggravated but decided well we are saving money. The 90 min presentation was really 2 hours. After the presentation a high pressure salesperson who was very rude and offensive sat with us and treated us terribly b/c we weren't interested. Please Clarion and all customers go online and read the terrible reviews about VSA-Vacation Services of America. I am disappointed that Clarion and Sadies would even be remotely associated with such a shady and deceptive business. Use expedia or travelocity if you are that desperate to save money on vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marie H
I wanted to thank you for the pleasant review you placed about our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and our amenities. I'm sorry you had a problem with the ticket booth employee at Sadie's restaurant. Unfortunately we don't control that but I am speaking with the manager at Sadie's about this. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope we will see you again soon.
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

We got a great rate on this hotel for our family reunion. We loved it! The rooms were nice, clean, and good-sized. The staff were lovely and quite accomodating. There were two pool (indoor & outdoor). We were at the outdoor pool every evening and loved it. It is huge ... with a separated (with buoy time line) area for the deeper area for adults and an extensive area for children or those who enjoy shallow depth.

The hotel provides a free breakfast each day at the restaurant next door. Coffee, milk, and juice are all free. They do charge for sodas ... which we don't drink for breakfast anyway.

I will stay here again anytime I come to Branson!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevator. We often used the stairs because we were a little farther fr...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I wanted to thank you for the pleasant review you placed about our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and our amenities and that we were able to offer you a great group rate. I hope we will see you again soon.
Saint Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Clarion last year and re booked for this year. We love the rooms with the balconies and the outdoor pool. The beds are comfy and everything is very clean. Make sure if you book that you request the rooms with the balconies in the main building. The balconies aren't huge but two people can sit comfortably. The rooms come with a safe (not that we felt the need to use it in Branson), a microwave, and a mini refrigerator. The workers at the hotel are all very nice. A free breakfast buffet is included and it was okay, not great but certainly good enough for a free meal. It is next door at Sadie's which was okay. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with the balconies (the inside rooms) connected to the main building.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I wanted to thank you for the pleasant review you placed about our property. I also want to thank you for being a repeat guest. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and our amenities. I hope we will see you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

I made reservations in advance for a certain room. Didn't get the room. Requested balcony facing 76 Strip. My balcony faced the street but there wasa huge tree right in the way. Right next to the balcony is where all the smokers gathered to smoke. Also the Free breakfast buffet didn't include drinks!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Koreycjmom
I'm sorry to hear you had a problem with the location of your room and that your request was not able to be met and that your drinks weren't free. We do everything we possibly can to honor requests. I hope you will give us another chance if you visit Branson in the future.