“DO NOT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE!!”

The Branson Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #57 of 140 Hotels in Branson
“DO NOT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

THis is by far the very best hotel in branson. Ive stayed in different hotels for the past fifteen years coming to branson just to try them all. I have made a decision this past stay that trying anything else in the future would be a waste! Our stay was immaculate. The guest service desk got to know our family by day and enjoyed each person they spoke with. No one was ever rude but always friendly and hospitable. Our room was glorious with all upgraded features and the walk out balcony was such a beautiful feature! We were actually put in a room directly above the pool. And believe me, the view was so glittering you cant even imagine. The pools (indoor and outdoor) in this hotel are spotless and you can see straight through the water. They should be very proud of the upkeep of their property. Not only is the hotel far surpassing the white glove test but the ammenities and bonuses they offer are delightful. There is a delicious restaurant attached to the main hotel, buckinghams. And i think a new feature is instead of continental breakfast, you are treated as a king and queen to sadies breakfast buffet next door for free! Let me tell you about this! Every morning we got eggs, pancakes, bacon, buscuits and gravy, fruit, anything you could imagine for free! Bonus to that even was the entertainer at every breakfast as well. Clarion knows how to start and end your days the right way so your stay in branson will be memorable, comfortable, and DIVINE! Thank you to all the staff at this hotel and for the genius ideas you have going to keep us coming back. We ll see you in six months!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Lillylove11
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here October '09 and had a positive experience so we thought we'd try it again. There was a sign in the lobby indicating remodeling was afoot, but that it should not interfere with our stay. I'm not quite sure what is being done, but I detected a wonky smell the second I entered the lobby. Paint? Adhesives? Not sure. Fortunately that smell didn't follow us to the 7th floor "penthouse" suite. I didn't receive the same genuinely warm welcome as our last stay. The clerk seemed more concerned with our license plate number than anything else. I'm pretty easy to get along with, but honestly, this woman impressed me as so not wanting to be there. Oh, the license plate obsession? Apparently, it has to do with parking lot accidents and I suppose people claiming a car had been hit that wasn't even registered. Not 100% sure. Oddly enough, at checkout (when a different clerk was much warmer), indeed a guest had just reported hitting a car in the lot. Kudos to this young man for reporting it; bad news for the hotel employee whose car he had hit. This being said, be aware that this is a very sloped parking lot (particularly at the front of the hotel) and try to park as close to where you can access your room as possible.

The penthouse level (7th floor - front building) has 6 rooms, and I don't think one lick of improvement/upgrade had been done since our last visit. An argument could be made that lots of people don't use these rooms I suppose, and it hasn't been needed. But I hope at some point they at least change out the turquoise and white wallpaper which still clashes with the deep red bedspread and valances (I shudder to think a hotel doesn't change out spreads over 2 1/2 years, although it appeared clean and undamaged.) The spa tub in the bedroom rather than the bathroom still sported a dangly artificial plant on its ledge. I suggest removal. Otherwise, the room was clean and quiet, and the mini-fridge and microwave were appreciated. I felt sorry for the guests this particular weekend who were in rooms close to the college students who claimed the outdoor pool area (beer aplenty on the tables). They made their presence known well into the night as well, but 7 floors up, it wasn't troublesome.

Regarding the breakfast, I don't know it Sadie's next door is a temporary or permanent arrangement; but I suspect a weekday experience would be more positive. It was fairly crowded the Saturday we were there (passed on it the following day and headed to Bob Evans). The breakfast was satisfactory despite some very greasy bacon (passed on that) and inclusion of only coffee and water (the cheerful and attentive waitress did bring me hot tea at no extra charge). Even continental breakfasts include juice and milk, so this seemed a bit chintzy. The milk by the dry cereal had a stern sign warning not to use the milk for drinking! Ha! Also, we had barely started to eat when a guy started to sing to recorded music! His tip jar was conveniently placed, and he mentioned his cds were available for purchase several times! I know this is Branson, and people are hawking timeshares and such at every turn, but I could've done without this.

The hotel still has a desirable location smackdab in the middle of the strip (yes, tornado damage was evident as one drove W from 65...and, yes, traffic still is challenging). Would we stay here next time? Since we don't generally walk along the strip to restaurants and shows, I have to say no. There are too many other places in Branson.

A tip: they still try to charge about $2/night for the room safe. Just mention the fee at checkout, and the clerk will cheerfully remove it.

Room Tip: There are two buildings: hotel (tall building, interior hallways, closest to 76) and motel (rear of...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank janea54
Arkansas
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and stayed at the hotel for a weekend getaway. The hotel and staff were nice, the room was clean and the location was handy. We booked a king jacuzzi suite. The room was located on the 7th floor with only 5 other rooms. You had to use your room key to get to the floor. It was not accessible by other guests which was nice because apparently there was a college group there that weekend. The police were called twice. I heard other complaints but it was quiet on our floor.
My only complaint was the breakfast. You are given vouchers for each morning to next door to Sadie's for a buffet breakfast. Don't expect service with a smile at Sadie's. I felt the staff were overwhelmed with the amount of customers they had. The food was not very good. The food was very greasy, the bacon under cooked, and our hands were sticky by the time we went through the buffet line....and we didn't get pancakes or syrup. We chose not to eat there the second morning. We checked out of the hotel and paid for our breakfast elsewhere. I would have rather had a simple continental breakfast at the hotel.

We would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the 7th floor!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I really like the Clarion because it is clean and walking distance to many items on the strip. Instead of having breakfast at their Buckinghams, they are having their free breakfast at Sadie's which is next door. This was a much better option then Buckinghams. Food was great. Was seated by a hostess. This will definitely make the Clarion one of my tops choices in staying at Branson. Hope they keep this option.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building with a balcony.
Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2MOTravelers0102
mound city, ks
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We have stayed here numerous times before, and have always had an ejoyable stay. When we stayed in March we were given vouchers for Sadies Smokehouse next door for breakfast instead of their usual continental breakfast; which was nice however expect to wait in line, especially on the weekends!

During this stay we stayed in the back of the hotel,in a room with 2 queen beds. We have found that the rooms in the back are not as nice as the ones by the lobby. To sum up our last stay, the beds were very comfortable, bathroom was very small, indoor pool area was very nice!

Room Tip: Choose a room that is in the main part of the building!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family