“Worst Stay Ever!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #122 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Fayetteville
“Worst Stay Ever!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I had booked this hotel with waterpark two months in advance for my daughter's 6th birthday. We arrived at 3:45 for check-in. I was told room was not ready so I waited. At 4:00 staff gave me waterpark braclets but did not want to swim before bday party so waited. Did not get room until 5pm because was not ready. I had six kids crazy for party and swimming. Went to room and it was filthy!! I had waited for them to get it ready and looked like they had walked in and out. The bedsheets looked used and the bathroom was awful. After the party we went swimming and none of the kids could enjoy themselves because the smell of chlorine was so bad. All of them kept coughing and running to the open door for air. I will NEVER stay at castlerock branson again. My daughter's 6th bday was suppose to be fun but I'm sure she will remember the time she stayed at a hotel and couldn't breathe. Would not recommended anyone thinking of going!! The staff could care less if you need anything or had trouble with room. Worse managing of a hotel I have ever seen!!

Room Tip: Do not stay at castlerock branson ever!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank sis b
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Joplin, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed here one night with my two children during Spring Break. We arrived at check in time (4:00) to utter chaos! After waiting 30 minutes in the crowded lobby we were told that they didn't have clean rooms available. We waited four hours to get into a room. The hotel staff didn't offer any sort of comp for our wait and seemed to blame us for the issue. The rooms are outdated, the bed linens smelled like grease - they must have been washed with linens from the restaurant, and the bathtub wasn't clean. The water park is nice, but we have stayed at Grand Country is the past and there aren't many differences between the two. I would recommend buying a day pass for the water park and staying at a better hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the building with the water park otherwise you have to trek across one or two parking...
Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Sarah J
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Check in took over two hours. They offered the guest the Service of late check out due to the rain. Two days later we asked about the late service check out and staff informed us they had not done that in months. I know for a fact they did it that Wednesday. We were told they had just changed the policy when the hotel was booked to capacity.

Room was filthy. Clon of hair in the bath tub. Pubic hair on the toilet. We paid an extra $10 to have a refrigerator and microwave brought in. We requested that it be turned on so it would be cold when we arrived. It wasn't even plugged in. There were no hand towels and we had to go get out own bath towels from the maid cart.

Indoor waterpark chlorine content will choke you. Kids could not hardly stand their eyes burning so badly. I could Bartley breathe in their. I had to sit next to a window that was propped open. There was an accident in the pool and staff were not having children get out of the pool for it to be cleaned.

This hotel does not card about its guest and only care about their money. Go to grand country to have indoor swimming.

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank Divemistresskristie
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This was our first trip to Branson and since our time was limited our family vacation had to be a short one. I was worried after taking our 2 boys (both 8 yrs old) here after DisneyWorld last year they wouldnt enjoy themselves. However the rooms were not to bad and they enjoyed having the waterpark attached right to the hotel. So we were able to get them to do other things during the day and could come back to the hotel and swim. The waterpark had 2 slides and a lazy river. Enough to keep them busy. I would definitely come and stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Pie424
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We just got back from 2 nights at this resort. While the kids had fun in the water, we noticed that the air ventilation in the waterpark must be poor. Whenever, we were in the lazy river (or anywhere on the 2nd floor), our children would start coughing and felt like their throats hurt. My eyes were sore while up there. My husband noticed other people coughing a lot in the lazy river also. He mentioned something to a lifeguard, who blew him off. Then, he told a lady at the front desk. She did seem concerned but I guess we don't know if they are going to do anything about it. After doing some research online, it is not good at all because the air seemed to be contaminated with a chloramines due likely to poor ventilation of the pool area. This is serious, b/c it can cause several problems or health issues in people. I am guessing in the summer when the air conditioner is running, there is better air circulation & ventilation, but in the winter it sure seems like a health hazard, that I hope the hotel takes serious concern with. I will be watching my 4 small children the next few days to make sure there are no issues linked to this.

Otherwise, the stay was fine. The room was a little smaller than it looked like online - but that is to be expected. I am sure there was a sq. footage stated that I didn't notice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family