“Hunter's Friend Gets an A++++”

Hunter's Friend Resort & Condos
St. Louis
“Hunter's Friend Gets an A++++”
Reviewed 2 September 2008

My family of 5 (DH, DD, my parents and me) stayed in a Hunter's Friend (Rockwood) condo from August 29-Sept. 1st. We checked in at the main office around 7pm Friday night and the desk person was extremely nice, helpful and she gave us information on things to see, places to shop...and of course directions on how to get to the condo. We then drove over to the Rockwood's Condo which is near the Treehouse condos on Indian Point. We were in unit RW14 and upon entering the condo we all just said WOW! Beautiful hardwood floors, marble counter tops, 4 flat screen TV's, private balcony, extremely comfortable beds...the amenities are AMAZING and plentiful. The owners spared no expense in furnishing this condo. We truly felt like we were on a luxury vacation. The owner came by that evening to make sure everything was OK. My daughter also really enjoyed the zero entry pool with the fountain. I could barely get her out of it! She also enjoyed the jacuzzi tub in the master bath. She has autism and has serious sleep issues but a jacuzzi bath each night helped calm her and she slept from 9pm-7am. All in all my family was very comfortable in the condo and we will be coming back next year with more family members and renting 2 condos! After staying at Hunter's Friend I don't think we can ever stay anywhere else in Branson, we were that spoiled!

• Liked — How peaceful it was to sit out on the covered deck/balcony and watch the sun rise.
  • Disliked — What's not to like!
  • Stayed September 2008
2 Thank MadScrapperMom
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 13 August 2008

We spent five days at the Rockwood Condos managed by Hunters Friend Resort. The Condos are new, clean and beautifully decorated. We traveled with my parents and my 14 teen year old. Everyone had plenty of space to spread out and have alone time as well as a comfortable area to lounge, watch TV and eat. The Condos are located a short distance from Silver Dollar City and minutes from shows. We were able to travel the routes around the city and stay out of most of the traffic on highway 76. My son loved their wi fi. My parents loved the fact that we could park right in front of the condo and walk in. Great access for them. My husband liked being able to walk down to the lake. I liked the big comfortable beds, and fully equipped kitchen. We all enjoyed the pool. I would highly recommend these condos for anyone, but especially for families. We will stay here again whenever we return to Branson.

• Liked — Lots of space and furnished beautifully
  • Disliked — one bathroom was a little small
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Kansas City
Reviewed 30 April 2008

Some friends and I have started making a yearly trip to Table Rock Lake and this is the place we stay every time. The 3 bedroom condo we stay in is super clean and updated. It's fun going back every year to the same place and seeing what all was updated. The view is amazing, and since the water has been high the last few months fishing is even a shorter walk than normal by shore. The bar next door to the 3 bed room condo's is really convenient and the owner actually lives in the same condo's. Very friendly guy! Anyway, I definately recommend staying here, it's not only a good deal but the rooms are super nice!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank kewlguy919
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Reviewed 15 April 2008

Found Hunter’s Friend on the internet with a very reasonable rate and thought we’d give it a try. It is an older motel but the room was very clean. When I checked in I was told they didn’t have many booked for the weekend so our room was upgraded to a kitchenette room. I thought that was really nice as it gave us a lot more space. Our main purpose in Branson was to spend time at Silver Dollar City and the location of this motel was fantastic for that. It is only a few minutes drive away and we were going in the opposite direction of most of the traffic. As I said it was an older motel and you could see that the room was a little worn but everything was very clean and we had a wonderful stay.

• Liked — Convient location to Silver Dollar City
  • Disliked — Appearance of the room was a little worn
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family