“Good Room, Great food at Farradday's” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Boonville
MO Ozarks
“Good Room, Great food at Farradday's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Thought we would do something different for Valentine's Day this year. Spent the night at the Isle of Capri Hotel/Casino and did a bit of gambling. The highlight of this mini-trip was the great food at Farradday's. They offered a Valentine's day dinner of locally grown beef and/or sea scallops with salad or soup and dessert. One of us had the steak which was pronounced "very good" and the scallops were delicious along with a great rice side and perfectly cooked asapargus. The wine was a bit pricey for what they had to offer, however the bloody mary's were excellent. All in all, a very nice time at the hotel and a great dinner. Just wish the slots had been a bit looser!! I hear the new buffet is now open. We might give that a try on the next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Missouri river.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adam R, Public Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thanks for the review. I'm glad that you enjoyed our special Valentine's Day menu at Farraddays'. You are correct that the new Farmer's Pick Buffet is now open. Let me know if there's anything we can help you with.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Linn Creek, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

I needed to go to Boonville on an educational seminar, and stayed at the Isle of Capri for convenience. The room was clean and well stocked. Check-in was seamless, as was check-out. Their Calypso buffet is closed for renovations, so the choice for dining was Farradday's. The only word to describe the food there is "NASTY". It appeared as if the food had been recycled for several days. The meats were dry and tough, the potatoes were crusty and the gravy was lumpy and cold. The deserts looked as if they had been dropped and then re-plated. Overall I find it difficult to recommend this hotel based on the lack of edible food.

Room Tip: Pack a lunch!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BobandRox
Adam R, Public Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Robert--thank you for taking the time to write a review. While I'm glad you enjoyed your room, I am sorry to read that you did not have a good dining experience at Farraddays'. If you can send your contact information to use at isleofcapribv@islecorp.com, I will get you in contact with one of our chefs. We'd like to improve so that you have a better dining experience the next time you visit.
Owensville, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Spent a weekend at Isle of Capri along with attending a Mizzou football game. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Everything worked (internet, TV, etc.) Check-in and check-out were quick and the front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. In particular, I signed up for an Isle of Capri Players Card after checking in. The next day I stopped by the front desk to ask about getting my hotel stay credited to my Players Card. They had already taken care of it. Faraday's Steakhouse was very good. The ribeye and fillet we had were very flavorful and cooked perfectly. The casino is small but well organized with all of the table games arranged in the center. Even with lots of smokers (which we aren't), we noticed the room to be largely odor free. Overall a very pleasurable experience. We'll be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank techdir
Adam R, Public Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Thanks for visiting us and taking the time to write a review! We hope you'll be back soon.
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

A group of friends from St. Louis came out to visit the Casino and eat at Faraday's. We went into the Casino, listened to a great band and watched a bit of the World Series, while feeding some slot machines. A couple of us girls went out of the Casino to see Faraday's and when we tried to re-enter the Casino the greeters asked for I.D. We are nearly 60 years old and the sign said you must be 21. In an effort to downsize purses, we had left our I.D.'s at our friend's house where we were staying, since it was a group and we were not driving. Not allowed to re-enter, we had to wait for someone else in our group to come look for us, as people streamed in past us. NONE OF THEM WERE ASKED FOR I.D.'S! Needless to say, we did NOT eat at Faraday's, and WE WILL NOT BE BACK.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank J F
I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. I'd like to get a little more information about your trip and the ID situation. If you can email me at isleofcapribv@islecorp.com, I'd be glad to try and help.
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Isle of Capri overnight on August 23.This was our third time staying there and I have to say we have no complaints. I know a few of the reviews say that the employees are rude and that they cater to the high rollers,but we've never encountered anything like that at all,and my husband and I are about as low rollers as you'll find! Everyone there has always been very pleasant.
The rooms are very nice,spacious with good lighting.Some features that I especially like are the room darkening drapes,they hang well and overlap,no gaps that let in outisde light.They also have ceiling fans and that's a very nice touch,I think.Also,the water pressure in the showers isn't too bad,either.
All in all,Isle of Capri is a great value and the perfect overnight get away for us.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bbh9072016
Adam R, Public Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Thank you so much for the positive review. I love hearing that our employees are friendly from guests. I'm glad you also enjoy our hotel. I hope you'll visit us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonville
0.5 km away
Hampton Inn Columbia
#1 of 35 in Columbia
39.8 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK