“not as nice as first visit” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Blue Springs
Manhattan, Kansas
“not as nice as first visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We had stayed at this hotel about a year ago on an overnight trip and thought it was a nice hotel. This year we took the kids there as a getaway weekend of swimming and siteseeing in the area. When we checked in, our room had a smell to it. We opened the windows to air it out. Then we went down to the pool only to find something black covering the bottom of the pool. The lady at the front desk assured me that it wasn't mold, but chipped paint. Either way it wasn't appealing. We ended up checking out and heading to another hotel where we had a clean room and a nice pool for the kids to swim.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Busymomof2kids
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

In 2011, I spent 56 nights at this hotel. It's right off I-70 and easy to get to, free parking. The rooms were totally redecorated and updated 2 years ago (roughly) and they are very clean and modern. The staff are fantastic. This Christmas they even sent me a personalized card signed by all of the front desk staff. For a $20 upgrade you can get a spa room which has a two person whirlpool right next to the bed. You can soak in the tub and watch a movie on demand. You know you want to.

Room Tip: Get a 4th floor spa room, not first floor! The ones on the first floor have a funny smell.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank KSPete
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

Before I denounce everything else about the hotel, I will say that its location next to a truly lovely golf course made it sufferable. The course is fantastic, and walking across the parking lot to it made me very happy.

As for the actual hotel... That's less impressive.

Along the lines of "typical issues," there was a permeating mildew/sweat smell in every single one of the rooms my party occupied (6), and unless you had a balcony (most of which overlook the interstate), you could not escape said smell. The breakfast was atypically bad, even for a chain hotel buffet, with scattered and ineffective kitchen and service staff, and many many missing items - like a constantly empty oatmeal bin. Etc.

The front desk staff was nice.

On the RIDICULOUS end of the spectrum... There is a sign declaring the hotel's "FIRM NO PET POLICY," though the first room I received, not only smelled of Dog, it also had what appeared to be, well, Dog "remains" in the carpet. When I asked to exchange rooms, the staff gladly accommodated my request, which I appreciate. The mildew smell was preferable to the other.

But to add to the absurd irony, I decided to follow my golf game with a swim in this "NO PET POLICY" hotel. When I got to the pool, however, I opted not to go in... There was a DOG already swimming in it with its owner.

I love dogs. I just don't want to swim with yours, ma'am.

So... my recommendation is to stay elsewhere, unless you get the perfect room facing the back of the hotel, and you are devoted to golfing next door.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Fly_With_Kenny
South Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

Was traveling across country and reserved this hotel based upon its location and similar reviews. This was by far the best hotel we stayed at. The rooms were amazing, the indoor pool and spa and the fitness room were outstanding. All new equipment. An $8.00 breakfast got you everything you would ever need including omeletes made to order. Everything about this hotel was topnotch.

Room Tip: I think just about all the rooms are going to be nice. This is a quiet little gem, tucked back away...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I recently visited Blue Springs Mo. to support a friend of mine's display of "The Wall that Heals" a Vietnam wall type memorial and found some of the most friendly people I've known. I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City/ East Blue Springs and the people were exceptional, the restaurant was great (the food just right) and the servers became part of a family. They greeted us every morning when we came down to eat and the feeling was just out of the world. The rooma were clean when we got there and maintenance kept it that way. We had a large tub and could see the tv from it. We relaxed and enjoy our room to the most. If I ever go back, this is where I am staying. Don't look around. This one is close to a mall and restaurants, barely any traffic and right in front of I-70. Do it!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
9.2 km away
Comfort Suites Independence
Comfort Suites Independence
#4 of 18 in Independence

Been to Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK