“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Leslie, Missouri, USA
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed only one night before leaving for Mexico. The staff is extremely friendly. We had to leave before the restaurant opened in the morning so they packed us a continental breakfast to take with us to the airport. (muffins, fruit, granola, yogurt). Very nice gesture!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Doreen L
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Doreen L,

I am glad you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and friendly staff before your trip to Mexico. We hope to have you stay with us again.

General Manger
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I almost always stay at this hotel when I'm in St. Louis as it's near the airport, and close to everything that I need in the West County area. The recent remodel of the lobby area really brings this hotel up to date. I am always greeted warmly and the staff is always helpful. They also have a really nice park and fly program, requiring a one night stay, that is really nice when getting away for a long weekend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Mbyford,

We are so happy you have had the opportunity to experience our beautiful, new lobby. Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and our friendly staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Hotel was big had indoor hot tun and pool was great got on big tv in room only negative is restraunt it is overpriced bell man was very polite and opened door

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Stevenjp314,

Thank you for the review after your recent stay at the Renaissance. I am glad to hear you enjoyed several of the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

Perhaps I was expecting a comparale experience, having recently stayed at the Marriott downtown in Mpls, where the whole place seemed to welcome you warmly. In a word, I'd say this one in St. Louis was "blah." I had reserved a room that included a full breakfast but was not offered the coupon or whatever to get it. As it turned out it didn't matter since I used the concierge lounge instead. The first night's room was on the end, so I heard the roar of every plane land at the nearby airport. I put the temp gauge up to 80 and it never did get warm and the unit fan was noisy. The bed was a brick. They offered me a different room for the remainder of my stay which was quieter and the bed and pillows more comfortable. I just felt like such an inconvenience to them. Several times there was no one at the reception desk when coming or going, or they had their backs turned working on machines behind the desk. As a Marriott gold member, I had a room on the club level, but they were very ordinary. They have cube clock radios in the room that takes a master's degree to learn how to run, and one night I just wanted a little soft music off the pre-set channels and none were tuned. The amenities in the concierge lounge were nice, and the gm is well-equipped. I had lunch in the dining room (a makeshift area of a ballroom during the renovation ) and found it comparable to airport food. The location is very convenient to the airport, but there is NOTHING decent nearby for meals except Denny's and the like. It's right across from "Hustler Hollywood" which is lit up with bright neon lights (use your imagination for what goes on there.) Excellent if you need a quick escape to the airport. Glad other people found it enjoyable; it was fairly uninspiring for me.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the middle are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelTeam4985
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear LoriFun-BabyBoy,

I am disappointed to hear about your recent experience at the Renaissance. The level of service we hold ourselves to is not at all what you received and for this I apologize. I appreciate your comments and we are always using guest feedback as a way to improve. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail please feel free to contact me directly.

Cedar Rapids
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I generally fly from St. Louis and have stayed at several hotels in the area including Westport utilizing their park and fly. This location had by far the fastest pick up once we arrived at midnight on a Saturday night (1/14/12) and for that reason will stay here again. I actually am not usually a Renaissance type of person (a little too high class as I generally like Doubletrees or even Holiday Inns) and it definitely felt that way as in order to get a wheelchair to take my friend to her room, we had to use the bellboy and of course tip.

We only used the room to sleep from about 1 AM to 8 AM so not a lot to say about the room. I loved the Aveda shampoo in the room as I had not ever used it before.

I intend to stay here again using park and fly.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear scaddenkim,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at the Renaissance. I'm glad you found our location and shuttle service to be very convenient and intend to stay with us again. We look forward to having you!

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
2.0 km away
1.6 km away
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
0.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK