All reviews mississippi state football game gulf shores great hotel complimentary breakfast front desk hilton honors the hotel staff recommend this hotel staff was very friendly the entire staff waffle maker minute drive king suite up to date clean rooms fitness center
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stopped at this hotel on our way to gulf shores, I had booked it a few weeks before our stay based on the reviews on here and so the kids could swim after being in a car all day. When we arrived everything seemed fine until we went down to the pool, it was closed because of river algae in it. The lady at the front desk wasn't helpful at all, never offered to give us a partial refund or anything. If we had known before we checked in that the pool was closed we would've went somewhere else. The hotel was nice and clean though, and the breakfast was good. There is a great pizza place in the small shopping center behind it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and up to date. The rest of the Hotel was very clean and up to date also. Breakfast area was extremely clean and the food was great. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Although l live out of state,West point,ms is my hometown. I grew up there. I usually stay at the Holiday InnExpress, so this june 26-30th,2014,l decided to stay at the Hampton lnn and now i regret I did after having the Hampton' s gen.manager,Tracey Styron,rudely, unprofessional and in a hostile manner, come over to my guest, while we were getting breakfast,stood over my guest like the police and in a nasty,firm tone of voice began telling my guest that he couldn't just walk off the street and come in to eat breakfast. At that point, I hurried over to ask Styron what was the problem because I informed her that this was my guest and that I was the one who invited him to come here to eat breakfast with me. In front of other hotel customers, she raised her voice, wanted to argue and create a scene. This is when my husband said that he would pay for the breakfast just to shut her up. I was so appalled by her over the top forceful,rude and unprofessional attitude. One would think that a General Manager of a popular Hotel chain would have good,effective problem-solving skills and be trained to handle and defuse situations in a more professional and courteous manner. This incident left me feeling uncomfortable and regretting I booked this Hampton Hotel in my hometown of West Point,Ms. Now because of Tracey Styron, I will not stay there again,nor will I recommend the Hampton Hotel in West Point,Ms to the people I know, and I will also Facebook my experience. To add, there were only two employees that stood out with professionalism and courtesy, that was Ms.Gloria and the night shift reservation desk clerk. They were the best in this bad situation.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank dfps
Styrotra, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites West Point, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

As you stated in your review you invited a someone to join your for our breakfast that was not a guest at the hotel. I understand you were in town visiting family and wanted to spend time with them but we can not allow our guest to invite people to join them this is an amenity we offer to our hotel guest only.
As you can see 95% of our guest have an excellent experience while staying at our hotel and enjoy great customer service. We always strive to make sure our guest have a great experience while staying with us and we will continue to offer that level of service to our guest.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stay at this Hampton whenever I am visiting a my customer because I can count on the friendly staff to provide a comfortable stay every time. I have stayed at this property several times and I haven't experienced any problems whatsoever. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling within the area of Columbus, Starkville and of course West Point.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the shopping center have less road noise. There is a great little Pizza place "CJ's" in the shopping center that offers good craft beer selections to complement their great pizza.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff here is quite friendly and helpful. We were able to get upgraded to a suite so that we could have a rollaway bed in the room for 3 adults. I consider this going above and beyond by the front desk staff.

The room was nothing short of great. The room we were upgraded to was huge and even the sofabed and rollaway beds were comfortable.

I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends