All reviewsfriesole missbaconbeautiful campusfree shuttlemini fridgerooms are smallfront desk staffbreakfast was includedcampus hotelhotel shuttlecollege visitsouthern styleupgraded to a suitetrue southern hospitalitynice hotelwonderful stay
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Wanted to stay on campus for a college tour and found this spot to be reasonably priced and comfortable. We stayed in one of their smaller and lower-end rooms, but it was perfectly fine and you could tell that they had school spirit. Was delighted by the bulletin board in the room with photos of alumni who had stayed there. That gave it a very personal touch. The room also had a mini-fridge, microwave, and small sink.

The main feature of the room was that there were 19 throw pillows scattered on the bed, couch and chairs. Yes, 19 throw pillows. We stayed at a hotel in Auburn that only had one throw pillow, so I guess Mississippi wins the contest for most throw pillows per visitor.

Service was friendly but a bit formal. Oxford is probably one of the most "prim and proper" towns in the South, at least for a college town. The small buffet breakfast in the morning is comparable to most mid-range hotels, with eggs, bacon, grits, and pastries.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Liz L, Public Relations Manager at The Inn at Ole Miss, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for this GREAT review! We love it! We're so glad you stayed with us during your campus visit. Although our original section is a bit older and dated, it does have personality! All of our rooms as sponsored by alumni of the University, so they can decorate it as they please. Each room is different - so you definitely got the room with the most throw pillows! We hope that you'll come back and visit again. Hotty Toddy!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

This is a surprisingly utilitarian facility, which appeared to be designed and built by the university dorm architect ! It really does have a industrial feel like a dorm, at least it is a nice and clean dorm.
The staff were friendly and helpful consistently. The linens and bedding was luxurious, not fitting to the dorm ambience. Although I didn't take advantage of it, they provide on demand shuttle service to the Oxford Square during most of the day, a true convenience.
On the balance it was a nice, clean room at a bargain compared to say a Hampton Inn or similar.
One more thing, location is a bit off the beaten path and might be a bit of a respite during a big game WE.

I will stay here again, Hotty Toddy !

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Liz L, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Ole Miss, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We love getting feedback. The original section of the hotel is a bit dated, but we are currently in the early planning stages of renovations for the future. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future! Hotty Toddy!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We visited and were glad we could get a room at the Inn. I don't understand how the system works, but apparently alumni have decorated some of the rooms in their own personal tastes and furniture and have first choice when they want to come to Ole Miss. That apparently also includes a reserved parking space as we saw a sign showing it was reserved for an alumni by name at one of the parking spaces.

But since it wasn't a game day, we were able to use one of the rooms. The price was good and the location couldn't be beaten.

The breakfast was included and was good.

My wife wanted to swim, but the pool was green and looked like it was full of algae. Plus, it looked like the bottom was covered in dirt. It may have been because it was close to the end of the year and they had quit maintaining it, but there was no sign. But that pool is going to have to be drained and scrubbed with Clorox!

The entry into the Inn is very classy and built in a Southern style, but it is one of the coldest places I've ever seen. I didn't have a thermometer on me, but the temperature had to be in the mid 60's. I lived up north for years and am very acclimated to the cold, but I had to go get my jacket out of the car as I was afraid the room would be that cold. But we were able to control the temperature in our room. We were there for three days and the lobby temperature was super cold the entire time we were there.

We'll be back and hope we'll be able to get a room there again. They are supposed to be opening new rooms this summer, so hopefully we'll be able to come for a game next year.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the review! We really appreciate the feedback. We're sorry the pool wasn't ready for your stay! The pool is seasonal and it was still in the cleaning process while you were here. We definitely should have put up some signage to let guests know that cleaning was in process. We will definitely keep that in mind for next year when we open it again. We usually open it after Memorial Day Weekend and close it Labor Day Weekend. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This was the second time we stayed at The Inn. The location cannot be beat. The staff are friendly enough and the rooms are very good. A little pricey, but paying for the location I suppose. We were very pleased with our room this trip. It was a queen suite and very comfortable. After our last visit, I made comments concerning the breakfast service they offer. It is free, and you get what you pay for! They have added grits which every southern inn should offer, but the staff in the dining area leave a lot to be desired. Borderline rude and not attentive at all. There were no bread items out for quite a while when we were there, hot water was available for tea but not tea bags. When I asked a staff member if they had some tea bags I was told "we are out". The area was not very clean as well. The coffee the next morning was like weak tea and there was not coffee available in the lobby at that time. I thought maybe the first time we visited it might just be a fluke that the dining area was not good, but actually this time it was even worse than the first experience. We have stayed at many places and for the price of the rooms, we would expect a better breakfast experience.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Liz L, Public Relations Manager at The Inn at Ole Miss, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you for your review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry about the breakfast experience, but we have good news - we will have a completely new breakfast service starting in July! We have heard people's complaints and we are moving forward with change. Thank you again for your review! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We have been to Oxford many times while my daughter was a student there and had never stayed on campus at The Inn. Let me tell you there is no easier, more wonderful way to do anything campus related --or not-- in Oxford than this. For graduation weekend they sell out in seconds but it is worth having the email keyed in and setting your alarm to give it a try. We had a suite and a regular (older) room which worked beautifully. Step out the back door and the Grove and festivities are right there. Perfect in this instance for 86 year old grandad. Breakfast and shuttle to the square included!! There's no bar and they could add some outdoor seating in some lovely landscaped areas but hey... bring your own drinks... it's cheaper anyway! Thank you Inn at Ole Miss for your hospitality and reasonable prices and fabulous location.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Liz L, Public Relations Manager at The Inn at Ole Miss, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We are so glad you got to stay with us for graduation. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Congratulations on your daughter's graduation! Hotty Toddy!