“Best meal in ages from this pub ”

The Kingsley Tavern
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Kingsley
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 29
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A family owned tavern that invites everyone in to try a meal, have a beer, watch some sports or enjoy some friendly company.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Have been here many times started off well. Went down hill real quick. Horrible food and service. Hadn’t been here in a couple of years. Must say service was wonderful. Menu was good. Entree was lovely deep fried Camembert. Steak was not cooked how requested so had to go back, but came out the second time right. Great drinks choice too

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had lunch at the Kingsley Tavern this month and were very disappointed with what we were served. My husband had steak which he said was fare, a mountain of chips and salad. As with my dish the salad consisted of salad leaves, 4 small pieces of tomato and that was it. I had the garlic prawns. I thought they would be creamy garlic prawns but when served were prawns in oil with a mound of rice next to it. The prawns and rice were not seasoned at all and I did not enjoy this dish at all. We would definitely not hurry back to the Kingsley Tavern.
John and Gail Laney

buschy78, Owner at The Kingsley Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

John and Gail,
I am so sorry about your experience at the Kingsley tavern, we pride ourselves on our food and service.
The salad for the garlic prawns is just a garnish, so it is quite small but it can be requested as a salad rather than a garnish if customers want. The prawns are also sizzling prawns in garlic butter as stated on the menu, so I am sorry for the confusion as we have been doing them in the sizzling garlic butter for several months after we trialled them and got some great feedback from our customers.
I will have a chat to the chef’s about making sure they are seasoning their dishes properly.
Hopefully you will give us another chance as we have some great food and drink specials and our smoked Wednesday meals for $15 are a huge seller.
Regards
Chris

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Nice place. Great service. Have to be honest when I say the food was average. Not just me. The whole table felt the same. I had the chicken parmigiana with chips and coleslaw. Chicken parmy was average. Bugger all chips on the plate and the coleslaw was bitter and nasty. Probably won’t go back.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Went on the spur if the moment.recieved good service and quality food. Will be back for the steak night.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We have been going quite regular over the past couple of years, at least once a month. It's become very expensive lately, none of the lovely roast on Sunday, or specials are offered anymore on the weekend. The menu has changed and I don't think it's as comprehensive. They offer salads as mains. My mother had a smoked chicken salad, expecting it would be enough for lunch. What came was a plate of rocket, a few cut mini tomatoes and about a dessertspoon of finely chopped chicken that did not have a smoked flavour. It had a couple of dry kamara crisps that were inedible by them selves. It was not dressed and did not have the promised pomegranate on it. I took myself away from my hot meal and waited about 5 minutes to be served at the counter. The wait staff did bring her out some dressing. My mother is 84 years old. They also did not dress the coleslaw on my plate. We did complain and the waitress did go and tell the chef. She also said that they had had similar complaints previously. My mother even said it was very poor value for the $24.50 we spent on her salad. We ate our lunch and sat and talked for a while. The waitress came back and offered a free coffee. Well none of us drink coffee. That was apparently the end of it. If you go to the Kingsley enjoy the quiet ambience, and if you order a salad ask for dressing on the side. Make sure you ask how much protein is in the salad, as Mum's was pretty pathetic. Above all, don't expect them to do anything constructive about it if you have a complaint.