All reviews front desk great place to stay room was clean staff was friendly in town waffles other hotels my daughter convenient location football game omelet mississippi state university msu microwave cereal highway hallway
Reviewed 27 October 2013

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Everything was really nice!! I was very impressed!! The only thing I did not like was I had to switch rooms a couple of times due to the heater setting off the smoke detectors. However, Microtel was very accommodating. I definitely would stay here again. Oh, very close to MSU!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Angelle B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Tierney M, thank you for staying with us at the Microtel. We appreciate that you took time out of your day to write a review. I understand completely what you went through, and I apologize that you had to change rooms. Last week I had the same heater issue in my office; that was the first week since spring that we really had the weather in the area to necessitate use of the heaters. Thank you for being so understanding, and on a positive note, almost all of our rooms' heaters have gone through their brief semi-annual burnoff, so we should have smooth sailing on that from here. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to having you again next time you are in the Starkville area.
Thanks.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The people at the front desk were so friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the beds were extremely comfy! Hot breakfast was also good. We would definitely stay again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Angelle B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to say so many nice things about your stay with us! Please let me know when you plan to visit again, and we will do our best to make sure your next stay is just as wonderful.
Angelle Bailey

Reviewed 22 October 2013

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here for a football game weekend. This made the rate a little high, but that's to be expected. The hotel is very nice and the staff is pleasant and accommodating, and it's no more than a 5-10 minute drive to the stadium. Breakfast was good. The hotel looks to be recently remodeled, but there are a few imperfections here and there that make it look a bit worn. Also, the bathtub didn't drain well at all - it filled with water during my shower. I did inform the front desk upon checkout, and they wrote it down.

Recommended, if you don't mind the high rate - it's close to the stadium and several places to eat, but still on a quiet stretch of highway.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and certainly for your stay with us. I am glad you were pleased with your stay, and I certainly appreciate you making us aware of the problem you experienced so that we could address it. You observed correctly that we did completely remodel earlier this year, and we are in the process of touching up the few final post-renovation blemishes. While hotel rates do tend to rise some during special events, I'm sure you will find our rates very reasonable during any other business or leisure stay. The next time you would like to visit, please feel free to contact me directly, and I will be happy to assist you by providing the best stay and best value possible.
Thanks again.