“Pleasantly surprised ”

Red Lobster
Ranked #74 of 157 Restaurants in Southaven
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

It had been a long time since I had Red Lobster. I always joked that it was the most over priced restaurant around, high prices, small portions.
I do not know if they have made a commitment to better value or we just got lucky with overflowing plates if food.
Now their slaw has always been great but never seemed to receive much but this time bowls seemed to be larger and fuller.
A salad was excellent with fresh honey mustard dressing.
A small filet was ok but while potato was small it was delicious.
Shrimp and tilapia over wild rice was outstanding and an extra large serving.
I may have to rethink my Red Lobster opinion but this time it was well worth the price.
Server did and excellent job and for a Saturday afternoon, we received prompt attention.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My husband decided on Red Lobster for his birthday lunch....we knew it was a mistake, last time we went to this location we said it would be our last! Went in, very few people there, seated immediately right in the front, sat there for over 10 minutes, no one ever appeared to take even a drink order. We were totally ignored! Finally got up and walked out. Drove thru the parking lot to Olive Garden, went in, had people waiting to be seated but in less than 5 minutes we were seated and had been waited on!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We are dinner here back in June. The food was delicious as it usually is. The waiter and service was also great—we had a young man wait on us and he was personable, attentive, and all around good at waiting tables.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Service was awful. Food was over cooked. It took 45 minutes to get food after we ordered. Bar was so backed up couldn’t get a drink in a timely manner. No apology from server.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Good news first: Our waiter was very nice and very accommodating! My husband ordered shrimp two ways and it looked very appetizing and he really enjoyed it. Both of our salads were nice and the dressings good. And the biscuits were delicious.
OK, bad news: When I was escorted to our table, I noticed a stale odor like Clorox and moldy dish towels. Perhaps these were used to wipe down the tables, but it was off-putting.
I order crab linguine Alfredo. When the waiter brought it out I should have said something then, but didn’t. Instead of seeing pink pieces of crab legs on the top, I saw a few masses of lumpy coagulated “things”. It was so unappealing! There were also a few bits of pink crab pieces amongst the noodles. I just ate a few noodles and shoved it aside with my napkin over it. When our waiter returned, he noticed and asked about it, so I showed him the problem. He returned it to the kitchen and removed the cost from our bill, which was good!

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK