“Nice Memphis Area Hotel”

Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed 28 October 2008

I visit this area at least a few times a year and I recently stayed here for the first time. The hotel is brand new. The rooms are very nice and clean. The hotel is in a good area. It's close to the interstate but not right beside it so you don't get road noise. The hotel is in a very busy part of town but it's set off the main street so you don't get traffic noise. There's a big shopping center nearby, WalMart, Target and every type of restaurant you could possibly want. It is very convienent for airport travellers but there's a downside to that. I woke up early Saturday morning, about 4am, to get ready to leave. You could hear the planes as they're approaching the airport and they were pretty steady. It wasn't window shattering noise but if you're a light sleeper, it may bother you. I live near a major airport so it didn't bother me. There was only one thing that did bother me. I did not have a bathtub in the room, only a shower stall. The shower stall was very large but only had a tiny shelf meant to put a bar of soap on and nothing else. I would have liked to take a nice hot bath after checking in. I went down to the front desk and asked if they had rooms with bathtubs and if I could switch. They do have rooms with bathtubs but they didn't have a clean one available, which I thought was odd since it was almost 5pm. Since I was only staying one night it wasn't a big deal. Other than that, I thought it was a great place to stay and would stay again if I could get a room with a bathtub.

• Stayed: October 2008

Reviewed 21 October 2008

This hotel was wonderful. It is new and very, very clean. Modern design theme. Rooms were great and included big screen TV and free wi-fi. Staff was very friendly. Hotel is not on the main street, which is nice. A number of restaurants just down the street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2008

Wonderful hotel! Brand new and gorgeous. The pool is GREAT for kids. Super clean and the staff is awesome. The kids eat free at the restaurant. Food was good. Can't say enough good things . A+++++++++++++!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank mrmethod
Reviewed 27 June 2008

the last three times I have been to this hotel I have made a lot of lottery money I am don't have to muck luck in that area. I usually lose money now I am winning 10's of thousands of dollars when I come to this hotel I a sure you that all service are great. It was incredibly amazing. I will surely come to this hotel whenever I come to memphis. IT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you for the rave review and for making us your #1 choice when visting the area.

Reviewed 6 June 2008

If you haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn in a while, this is not your father's Holiday Inn. Only open 5 weeks as of my stay in June 2008, this hotel's styling is upbeat and contemporary. It is very similar to the other new Holiday Inn's going up, so there is a nice sense of familiarity.

At first I must commend the staff here at Southaven. Every one I met was cheerful and willing to help. Their attitudes really pushed my hotel experience over the top.

As a Priority Club Platinum member, I was upgraded to the 5th floor which is reserved for VIP guests. As of this writing there are plans to add a small bar and free snack area for the guests of that floor, with some free breakfast items in the morning. This is similar to the Platinum floors at Crowne Plaza's.

The King Executive room I had has very roomy and tastefully decorated. There is a 32" LCD but I did not get any HD channels, not sure if they were offered at this time. The bed was very comfortable and I was able to keep the fan blowing all night which I like for the white noise.

The hotel itself is tucked away in an modern industrial park behind an Asics factory. It's about a quarter mile from Airways Blvd which has the Southaven Mall and just about every chain restaurant you can think of within a half mile of the hotel. You can walk to the mall or restaurants if you wish. It's only about 6 miles from the Memphis Airport.

Overall one very nice hotel. Highly suggested for your stay in Memphis or the local area.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business