All reviewsfront deskihg propertiesnice hotelmemphis airportmemphis areagreat stophotel roomnewer propertygreat staffflight pathwould definitely stay here againone night staynext morningnight's sleepfamily reunionlight sleepershopping and restaurants
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My husband and I decided to stay here over Thanksgiving to avoid staying with the relatives. It is a nice hotel and new. When we arrived, we made sure to tell the guy at the front desk that we had added a second night to our stay on Priceline. He told us he would adjust accordingly. The room we were given was very nice.The following day we were gone most of the day and when we returned our room had not been cleaned. I did mention this to the front desk and she apologized and explained the issue could have been because of the holiday. Additionally, the planes are loud but not enough to have a big impact on the quality of your stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank danielle s
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Close to everything---eateries, shops, Memphis. Quiet location with no traffic. Employees were very friendly and helpful. It was under flight plan for Memphis airport, but it wasn't a problem. I would stay here again when I have to come to south Memphis.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This is a wonderful place to spend the night when traveling through Memphis. New, clean, spacious and, as another reviewer mentioned, as yet undiscovered. We were very impressed....we are platinum member of Priority Club, and this place does deserve 5 stars for delivering just what we needed.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I was delighted to get a great deal on a room at this Holiday Inn, and when I arrived, I was very pleasantly surprised to see this beautiful, new hotel. This hotel is immaculate and brand-new, the rooms are very clean and well-appointed, and it has all the bells and whistles like an indoor pool and fitness center, restaurant, all of the things you expect from a Holiday Inn. My only complaint was that it was strangely quiet...I hesitate to say "devoid of character", but my feeling was that as of my stay in September 2012, this hotel hasn't been discovered yet. The high ceilings and open spaces in the lobby accentuate the emptiness. When I travel, I expect to see other guests, and I take some comfort in being around other people. This hotel had virtually no guests staying there that evening, which might explain why I got such a great deal. Might be a great hotel if you're looking for a quiet place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but I have to say that having a king-size bed to myself was a treat.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pat B
Denise M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Thank you so much for your nice comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Sometimes, depending on the day of the week that you stay, that it is pretty quiet, other times is bustling around here.
We look forward to having you again as our guest.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Stayed here Aug. 8 - 13, 2012 and enjoyed every minute of it. We found it to be quite, clean, comfortable and most of all friendly. We heard very little to no airport noise and being it is off the main road you did not hear any car traffic. It is true that if you do not pay attention you may miss the sign off the main road, but if you just look around you can see the hotel from the main street. I am sure I will be going back to Southaven and until I see a reason to change hotels I will be staying here at the Holiday Inn Southaven-Central. I couldn't ask for more in a hotel. Thank you to the wonderful staff, expecially the maintenance man Fred, he saved the day for me, I got my braclet caught between the glass pieces at check-in and he unscrewed the glass tops so that I could get it out. We seen him everyday we were there, and we always had a nice conversation with him. All I can say to the Holiday Inn Southaven is thank you for such a great and wonderful place to stay during our vacation. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

We truly appreciate your nice comments. We are blessed to have a wonderful team of employees here. Fred is a big part of our team. I'm so glad he was able to get your bracelet out. We look forward to having you as our guest again.