“Under final approach”

Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We spent one night here during a Christmas trip. First, the rate was fantastic. The location was slightly off the major highway but convenient to nearby Memphis. As previously mentioned, the hotel is located directly under final approach, expect to hear aircraft overflying the hotel and to see flight crew in the lobby. There was a mechanical problem with our first assigned room, so we moved to another room. We enjoyed a light supper and drinks in the hotel bar, while chatting with the bartender and other guests. We enjoyed chatting with our server during breakfast.

Cons: The walls were on the thin side, we overhead two different family arguments. (Too much "family time" over the holidays.)
The hotel room doors are nearly impossible to close quietly. I was awakened by one at 2:30am, got up, found my earplugs and slept with no further problems.
No welcome gift for Priority Club members.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 November 2012

My husband and I decided to stay here over Thanksgiving to avoid staying with the relatives. It is a nice hotel and new. When we arrived, we made sure to tell the guy at the front desk that we had added a second night to our stay on Priceline. He told us he would adjust accordingly. The room we were given was very nice.The following day we were gone most of the day and when we returned our room had not been cleaned. I did mention this to the front desk and she apologized and explained the issue could have been because of the holiday. Additionally, the planes are loud but not enough to have a big impact on the quality of your stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank danielle s
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Close to everything---eateries, shops, Memphis. Quiet location with no traffic. Employees were very friendly and helpful. It was under flight plan for Memphis airport, but it wasn't a problem. I would stay here again when I have to come to south Memphis.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This is a wonderful place to spend the night when traveling through Memphis. New, clean, spacious and, as another reviewer mentioned, as yet undiscovered. We were very impressed....we are platinum member of Priority Club, and this place does deserve 5 stars for delivering just what we needed.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I was delighted to get a great deal on a room at this Holiday Inn, and when I arrived, I was very pleasantly surprised to see this beautiful, new hotel. This hotel is immaculate and brand-new, the rooms are very clean and well-appointed, and it has all the bells and whistles like an indoor pool and fitness center, restaurant, all of the things you expect from a Holiday Inn. My only complaint was that it was strangely quiet...I hesitate to say "devoid of character", but my feeling was that as of my stay in September 2012, this hotel hasn't been discovered yet. The high ceilings and open spaces in the lobby accentuate the emptiness. When I travel, I expect to see other guests, and I take some comfort in being around other people. This hotel had virtually no guests staying there that evening, which might explain why I got such a great deal. Might be a great hotel if you're looking for a quiet place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but I have to say that having a king-size bed to myself was a treat.