“Cold Room/Unconcern Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed 14 February 2012

When we arrived in the hotel room being that it was a cold day we turned the heating unit on. However, it did not come on after about ten minutes. So the front desk was called to report the concern and we were told that they would send someone to check the unit and they did. The maid was sent, she looked at the unit turned the blower on and stated that we could switch it to automatic in a little while and it should come on. Called back down stairs to report the unit still was not working and we were told they would sent someone to look at it once again. Waited about five minutes longer and call back again to request another room. The front desk staff stated that someone was coming to check the unit, they were informed that was fine, but we would like another room. Maintain arrived before we left the room and stated after checking the unit that it was not working. He then called the front desk to inform them that the unit wasn't working and we would need another room. They finally provided us with another room in which the heat worked, however there was a used sanitary napkin on the floor in the resroom.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven

Reviewed 3 February 2012

This property is a relatively new facility. I stayed at the facility on business in January so did a lot of my co workers. Everyone to a person complained about the sleep number beds. Every one complained of dips in the bed and that overall it was not a very restful sleep. The price for the rooms are a bit pricey. Maybe they figured you should pay more since it is located adjacent to a mall. Luckily the mall is there because parking is sparse and far away from the front door. It was more convenient to park at the mall and walk across the street. The food was fair. It was free because I am a Hilton Gold but I would have been disappointed to pay for it. The pancakes were the opposite of light and fluffy. Other than the bed the accommodations in the room were adequate. I will skip this one the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway which runs behind it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Darrell E
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend leisure trip to Memphis. Rooms were clean, breakfast was superb, and the staff was friendly and helpful. We felt very safe while staying here and it is a very short drive to downtown Memphis.

Would recommend staying here!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank squatopus
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My family & I vacationed here in Memphis / southhaven back in june of 2011 I live in las Vegas Nevada & this review right here is way over due ..just want all to know including the staff I really enjoyed my stay the staff was great . Friendly & very attentive .. I stayed about 1 week 1/2 . I will be back .. Thank u all for your excellent service .
Chartee@cox.net

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank CappuccinoFrappe
Reviewed 31 October 2011

It was very clean- quiet and the staff was great!
I really recommend this hotel to familes as well. Great location- close to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: corner rooms are great
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family