“Excellently average American food”

On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #31 of 157 Restaurants in Southaven
Description: Every day at 8 a.m., we start chopping veggies, soaking beans, and prepping our mesquite-fired grill. Not because we have to, but because we believe in delicious flavors made-to-order, from hand-rolled enchiladas to our sizzling fajitas to guacamole made right at your table. Everything pairs nicely with a grande margarita, and of course, enjoy the always endless chips and salsa.
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

If you want anything resembling Mexican food, go somewhere else. I doubt anyone working in the kitchen had ever eaten Mexican food. In fact, it seemed as if the cook made up the recipes based off a cousins friends brothers one visit to a Mexican restaurant in North Dakota. The fajitas I ordered came out on a sizzling hot cast iron, yay!...however there was no real flavor on any of the meat. None of that greasy goodness you expect from fajitas. All the side items, salsa, guacamole, rice, beans seemed as if they came out of a can. The tortilla chips were not made in house, as far as I could tell, and were too thick. I will not be visiting and On the Border anytime soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Friendly greeting and service with a smile from start to finish. The fajitas were quite good and served quickly. We will be back.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Happy hour tacos and guacamole were the best. Had a great time. Loved every bite. Had one bad experience at this restaurant but have been back four times and all the others were great.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

I went in, sat in the bar area.(where they said just sit anywhere) I sat there for 15minutes and never saw a waiter. I got up and walked out. On the border used to be one of my favorites until they changed their menu, now with this kind of service they have lost me forever.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We ate dinner here on a Saturday night. The restaurant was packed, but we were seated quickly. The food was delicious, and I am not the biggest fan of Mexican food. We loved it! The staff was awesome and friendly! Would definitely recommend.