“Used to be nice, but has really gone downhill.”

Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I am in hotels for business 60-70 nights a year. I have stayed here 3 different times. I used to think it was a nice alternative to a Hampton. However, after staying this time, I don't believe I will be returning. I recently stayed here 4 nights, and my room was not serviced once! At approximately 8 AM the first two mornings a note was slipped under my door saying that because of the Do Not Disturb sign, they would not be servicing my room today. This is the heighth of laziness for HK to write off cleaning my room just because I wanted to sleep until 8:30. They could have checked back.

One morning I mentioned to the housekeeper on my floor on the way out that I was leaving so she could service it. She curtly said she would tell someone. I returned to a dirty room.

The next morning, I mentioned to the front desk, that I would like to have my from cleaned. They said they would take care of it. They didn't.

The third morning I didn't even put out the Do Not Disturb sign, and yet again - No service.

I leave tomorrow after a 5 day stay with no service, no new towels, soap or anything.

Breakfast wasn't bad, rooms were big,.and the lobby was kind of cool. However, I would NOT recommend a multi- night stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank OnTheRoadAgain38654
CLJN, Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank You for taking the time to let us know your experience while you were our guest. I want to apologize to you on behalf of our staff for not meeting our standard of excellence we have here at Cabot Lodge Jackson North. Obviously there were some communications error's that occured and I have taken corrective action to ensure that you or any other guest will not experience this in the future. I hope you will re-consider staying with us while visiting our area in the future.

Scott May, CHA

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel

Reviewed 21 January 2012

We were here for the Jackson Missippi marathon and checked in on Friday Jan 6 for a one night stay. I mentioned the late checkout that was offered on the Missippi Blues website, and the desk clerk told me she would check with the head housekeeper in the morning and that I could put my bags behind the front desk. I mentioned that I would be leaving for the marathon at 5am, running for about 4 hours, and probably not back until noon and would need a shower, and that I had CHOSEN the hotel because of the checkout. Anyway she proceeded to check me in, and when I asked, so late checkout or not, she said "well if the website said so, I guess?!' She was NOT pleasant at all. I went upstairs and sure enough the website did have the late check out. It was probably not this women's fault that she didn't know about the late checkout, but I didn't like how I was treated, she obviously had no idea whats involved with running a marathon nor is she able to problem solve and treat customers in pleasant manner.
As far the hotel, I loved the hospitality hour, the bartender was very friendly. The hotel is a little dated, but the room was large and good value for your dollar.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RunAddict
CLJN, Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience with your most recent stay at Cabot Lodge. I apologize for the encounter you had with one of customer service agent's. We take pride to ensure all guest are treated to a wonderful guest service experience. I hope you will give us a chance to win you over during your next visit to Ridgeland. Please give me a call if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Some friends and our kids all came and stayed here on our way to the beach this summer. We were blown away by the beautiful lobby area and free breakfast! I travel often and it is seriously has more to offer than several breakfasts that I pay for! My kids loved the pool and so did I because it is on the interior courtyard I felt completely safe letting them play out there. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011
CLJN, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank You for comments about our breakfast and the service you recieved during your last visit to Cabot Lodge. I will make sure the staff in our breakfast gets a copy of your comment's. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I arrived on 12/22/11. My room was ready and I thought this would be a great stay. My room was on the third floor (smoking floor). The stench of stale cigarette smoke was very overpowering in the hall. My room smelled the same way. I had to go to Walgreens and purchase Febreze for the hall and my room. There was only so much it could do. My room was nice and clean and had plenty of towels. The next day I left at 09:30 and returned around 16:00. My room had not been cleaned. I was shocked since I did not put the do not disturb sign on the door. I called the desk and the clerk offered to let me change rooms since there was no housekeeping person on duty. I declined because I had unpacked and this would have been a big inconvenience. I asked if they would please send me some clean towels and toilet tissue (the rolls were almost empty when I arrived). One hour later I still didn't have towels or toilet tissue. I went to the desk to complain. There were THREE employees on duty (busy socializing with each other). I explained why I was there. They said they had forgotten about my request. They told me to wait while they got the items and I could take them up to my room myself. I declined. I was leaving the hotel and asked to have someone take the towels and tissue to my room. One clerk said "OK, that's room ***, right????? WRONG!!!! I had to tell them my room number again. When I returned around 23:00 the towels and tissue were on the ironing board. The buffet breakfast also has gone way, way down. The biscuits were cold, dry and hard. The bacon is thin as tissue paper and tasteless. The sausages were cold and tough and tasteless. I asked for a credit on my room since it didn't get cleaned one day. The clerk agreed. I was given $17.80 credit. Each day after that I was in my room when the maid arrived. She asked "Would you like your room cleaned?" Why would I NOT want my room cleaned? I have been pleased with Cabot Lodge in the past, but this time service was just plain bad. I have stayed here numerous times even though they don't have a loyalty program. I think I will be searching for another hotel the next time I go to Jackson. Cabot Lodge Ridgeland gets a thumbs down from me. Oh, 3 days before I checked out the floor had a strange smell worse than the cigarette smoke. It smelled like paint thinner or turpentine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and try not to stay on the third floor. I don't smoke, but I have...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank lindilou
Reviewed 14 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Cabot this past weekend. We were celebrating his birthday and going shopping. We had a great time at the Cabot Lodge.

Room - We stayed in a room that had a king bed and a balcony. The room and bathroom were clean and the bed was comfortable. We enjoyed the balcony.

There is a pool but it is much too cold to think of a pool this time of year. There is also a fitness room that seems nice. We really enjoyed the open lobby area. There is a large fireplace that is so nice when it is cold out. They serve free cocktails and popcorn from 5:30 to 7:30. It was nice to grab a cocktail and some popcorn and find a spot to sit and talk before going to dinner. The drinks served are actually good.

In the morning, they have a great breakfast in the lobby. Also included in the price of the room. They have fresh fruit, waffles, bacon, eggs, turkey sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, yogurt, among other goodies. Breakfast was really good.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honeymoonMississippi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
0.5 km away
0.3 km away
Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland
Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland
#10 of 16 in Ridgeland

Been to Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK