“I Was Disappointed this time” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cabot Lodge Jackson North - A Red Lion Hotel

Cabot Lodge Jackson North - A Red Lion Hotel
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Dallas, Texas
“I Was Disappointed this time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I arrived on 12/22/11. My room was ready and I thought this would be a great stay. My room was on the third floor (smoking floor). The stench of stale cigarette smoke was very overpowering in the hall. My room smelled the same way. I had to go to Walgreens and purchase Febreze for the hall and my room. There was only so much it could do. My room was nice and clean and had plenty of towels. The next day I left at 09:30 and returned around 16:00. My room had not been cleaned. I was shocked since I did not put the do not disturb sign on the door. I called the desk and the clerk offered to let me change rooms since there was no housekeeping person on duty. I declined because I had unpacked and this would have been a big inconvenience. I asked if they would please send me some clean towels and toilet tissue (the rolls were almost empty when I arrived). One hour later I still didn't have towels or toilet tissue. I went to the desk to complain. There were THREE employees on duty (busy socializing with each other). I explained why I was there. They said they had forgotten about my request. They told me to wait while they got the items and I could take them up to my room myself. I declined. I was leaving the hotel and asked to have someone take the towels and tissue to my room. One clerk said "OK, that's room ***, right????? WRONG!!!! I had to tell them my room number again. When I returned around 23:00 the towels and tissue were on the ironing board. The buffet breakfast also has gone way, way down. The biscuits were cold, dry and hard. The bacon is thin as tissue paper and tasteless. The sausages were cold and tough and tasteless. I asked for a credit on my room since it didn't get cleaned one day. The clerk agreed. I was given $17.80 credit. Each day after that I was in my room when the maid arrived. She asked "Would you like your room cleaned?" Why would I NOT want my room cleaned? I have been pleased with Cabot Lodge in the past, but this time service was just plain bad. I have stayed here numerous times even though they don't have a loyalty program. I think I will be searching for another hotel the next time I go to Jackson. Cabot Lodge Ridgeland gets a thumbs down from me. Oh, 3 days before I checked out the floor had a strange smell worse than the cigarette smoke. It smelled like paint thinner or turpentine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and try not to stay on the third floor. I don't smoke, but I have...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank lindilou
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Cabot this past weekend. We were celebrating his birthday and going shopping. We had a great time at the Cabot Lodge.

Room - We stayed in a room that had a king bed and a balcony. The room and bathroom were clean and the bed was comfortable. We enjoyed the balcony.

There is a pool but it is much too cold to think of a pool this time of year. There is also a fitness room that seems nice. We really enjoyed the open lobby area. There is a large fireplace that is so nice when it is cold out. They serve free cocktails and popcorn from 5:30 to 7:30. It was nice to grab a cocktail and some popcorn and find a spot to sit and talk before going to dinner. The drinks served are actually good.

In the morning, they have a great breakfast in the lobby. Also included in the price of the room. They have fresh fruit, waffles, bacon, eggs, turkey sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, yogurt, among other goodies. Breakfast was really good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank honeymoonMississippi
Starkville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I was in town for a conference and choose to stay at the Cabot Lodge because I had heard so many wonderful things about it and it all came to be true. Nice, comfortable rooms, wonderul complementary breakfast and the staff was extremely nice. Call down to the desk for something to drink and they insisted on bring to my room. Really nice experience, I will definately be back for another stay when I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Meridian, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

I am a longtime customer of the Cabot Lodge North- I travel to jackson for both business & pleasure, the accomodations are always excellent! I have had the opportunity to work with the meeting planning for retreats that would have my staff stay at the hotel for up to 4 weeks at a time. They were wonderful with the accomodations, meeting our needs for conferences, catering, and all around hospitatlity. The service is exceptional! This will always be our first & final choice when in the area!

Room Tip: If you have children I highly recommend the Kids Suite- my young boys LOVE it!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

I have had need of a small meeting space on numerous occasions while working in the Greater Jackson area. The Cabot Lodge Jackson North has been exceptional is providing the perfect location with extra amenities that I did not expect. The meeting rooms are perfect for small (less than 20 people) events. Each meeting room is conveniently located near an exterior exit, bathrooms, and the hotel's reception areas. My business associates and customers were encouraged to partake of the fare served at the nightly manager's reception. The staff is not only friendly and helpful but exude hospitality in all that they do. I definitely recommend using Cabot Lodge Jackson North for your next business event.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CLJN, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - A Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Thank You four your continued support of Cabot Lodge Jackson North. I am delighted to know that we meet your needs and that your associate's are pleased with our hospitality. I will be sure to share your comment's to our staff in our next staff meeting. We look forward to hosting you and your company for your future meeting's.........Thanks.....

Scott May,CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
0.5 km away
0.4 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland
4.0 km away
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland

Been to Cabot Lodge Jackson North - A Red Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK