“Exceptional in every way”
Review of Chancellor's House

Chancellor's House
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A hidden gem.

Clean, elegant and spacious room. Exceptional, knowledgeable and friendly staff who go out of their way to make your stay one to remember.

Well appointed rooms and amenities.

Great bar and tea room/library.

Chancellor's Grill. Delicious food with excellent selections from the apps, entrees and wine list. Service was perfect.

Overall a bit pricey but worth every penny in my opinion as you can't put a value on great new memories!

Will definitely be back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my third time staying at the Chancellor's House in Oxford. After trying all of the other options in and around town, I can say with 100% confidence that this property is by far the best. Extremely nice finish out, great service, at a reasonable price during the week.

On this trip I tried a suite (Magnolia). It was great as it had a large private balcony with two seating areas.

On a nice day, would suggest having lunch outside on the expansive patio adjacent to the lounge. You have access to the full menu from the grill but in a more casual setting.

Room Tip: Suites on the 3rd floor have great balconies.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LucasA86
Weston A, General Manager at Chancellor's House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear LucasA86,

Thank you again so much for giving us your feedback! We are very pleased that you found the rates during the week to be a good value, and hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the near future. Further, we are thankful for your comment about the patio lounge and the ability to order from the grill menu during lunch. These are areas which we hope will prove convenient and pleasant for our guests, and thus your praise is greatly appreciated.

Have a wonderful holiday season, and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you at all.

Regards,

w.arntsen@chancellorshouse.com

Reviewed 3 November 2017

The Chancellor's House is a fabulous hotel in the heart of Oxford MS. Perfect location. Luxurious accommodation. Well trained professional staff. Great place to be on football weekends. I wholeheartedly recommend the Chancellor's house.

Room Tip: The Chancellor's suite is ideal for 4-6 people. However there are other suites with balconies t...
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank ege1935
Weston A, General Manager at Chancellor's House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear ege1935,

We are so grateful for your high praise and satisfaction with your stay. Your review will be shared with the staff, and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful couple of days in Oxford, and Chancellor's House was an excellent place to stay. The service was superb, and it was clear that kindness is a premium quality expected of all of the employees. I especially enjoyed the library, where I got a chance to read while my wife shopped on the square.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bryleepruitt
Management response:Responded 28 September 2017

Dear bryleepruitt,

We are so pleased to hear of your positive experience at the hotel. We are particularly grateful for your praise of the staff's kindness, and look forward to the chance at serving you again in the future. Should you ever have any needs or questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

w.arntsen@chancellorshouse.com

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We stayed for one night and had a wonderful time! The hotel is brand new so everything looks and feels the same. The valet was quick and service to the room was excellent. The rooms were large and the beds VERY comfortable with big fluffy pillows. They have DirectTV for those who want to know. Check-in and check-out were easy. The room was a little high for the area but it is higher for game-day weekends and it was not "unreasonable." Also, I actually got "cold" in the room from placing the temperature too low. This has only ever happened to me at one location: The Langham Hotel in London. I was very impressed. When I compare this to hotels in larger cities, I give it 4 plus stars. When comparing it to hotels in Oxford, it is close to five. I do have one negative: I was the only patron in the bar at 10pm (watching the NCAA football games) with a glass of wine but the hostess shut the bar down. I understand the financial issue but 5 star hotels don't do this. However, I will definitely be back and I will stay here many, many times.

Room Tip: Only two floors of rooms and all within short walk to elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 13 September 2017

Dear Douglas P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review about your experience at our hotel. We are striving to find that balance of small town charm mixed with the services and amenities you would have in larger cities, so your praise is very appreciated. We are also thankful for your detailing of the experience in the Lounge bar. We apologize for closing down the bar while you were still enjoying the games and your beverage. We will learn from that and improve for all of our guests going forward.

Have a lovely September, and we will look forward to welcoming you again soon!