All reviews front desk basketball court great customer service common areas went out of her way holiday inn free breakfast the room was nice the entire staff memphis area waffles lee lottie mcneil banquet hart ww
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I was there for a Family Reunion this past weekend. This property has bed bugs, roaches, wasp nests, electrical, plumbing and mildew issues. I would not recommend this place! Although Ms. Zanini went above and beyond to help with all the issues I’m sure that management is aware of all the problems, because other guests were checking out or complaining at the same time! Spoke with GM Mr. Lawrence on numerous occasions and I feel since he mentioned other hotel chains with the same above mentioned deficiencies, they are aware that these things need to be addressed but they will offer you another room. If I wasn’t on the committee I definitely would not have stayed here!!! If you have no other alternative but this place PLEASE CHECK YOUR BED otherwise you will be uncomfortable like my family members were this weekend! I’m not sure how anyone could rate their stay here as 5 stars because there definitely is too much wrong in a short period of time from those reviews! Please don’t be fooled!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Very old dated hotel! Beware of bed bugs. Recently attended for a family reunion and m disappointed that so many people in our family experienced bed bug bites! Other visitors had the same complaints and left to go to nearby hotels. The mattresses were soiled and uncomfortable. Furniture in rooms and lobby are worn and need replacing! There are wasp nests on balcony. Witnessed someone in our group stung three times including on her face! My toilet in my room stopped working. Beds not made. I truly enjoyed spending the weekend with my family. But it’s an embarrassment to plan a reunion for over a year and have family arrive and experience this at a hotel. I have just arrived home and have to spray everything down with bed bug spray and dry and wash and then dry again all clothes. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! This hotel should be shut down to remodel, update furniture, and exterminate immediately!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank asiabinford
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I stayed at this property during a conference gathering from August 3rd through August 5th (2018). On the last day of my stay, I fell inside a gopher hole that was on their lawn. The grass was so high one couldn't see the hole itself. As a result, the side of my foot was injured. Luckily for me, it wasn't the ankle. Of course, it was an injury I reported to the Manager on Duty. So, beware of the gopher holes that exist on the lawn.

However, I'd like to give praise to employee Daisey McNeil (who was kind enough to nurture my wounds) during our breakfast ceremony. She was very instrumental in assisting me with placing the wrap to ease the pain, and follow-up to ensure I was okay. Because of her efforts, the five-hour drive home was seamless.

Thank you, Daisey, your concernment for my well-being goes a long way. I appreciate you! Your customer-service skills don't go unnoticed.

Room Tip: Stay alert and Be aware . . . watch out for the holes on the lawn!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Doug L, General Manager at Whispering Woods Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was not aware that we had holes in the lawn. I will discuss with our grounds keeper and fill any area that needs attention. Thank you Daisey for taking great care of our guests, especially Ms. readygirl2015.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

I was visiting for a funeral, and the lights went out all the day. It was hot during that time, and the power never returned so we had to stay at another hotel. The first time we stayed here it was acceptable, but this stay was not unfortunately. Also, the place was some abandoned conference rooms that appears shabby and unclean. . The location was decent, but the lack of power and uncleaniness was not of my approval.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Doug L, General Manager at Whispering Woods Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Unfortunately from time to time, when bad weather comes through the area we experience power outages. I am sorry we could not accommodate during your stay in Olive Branch.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

WW is a unique location. The service staff are friendly and accomadating. The hotel was very busy, however when I closed my door I was able to sleep without disruption.
Contessa my housekeeper was helpful, Dessa attentive and Spain treated us like VIPs.
Thank You. I hope this place develops into a facility we can be proud of.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Doug L, General Manager at Whispering Woods Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Yvette, thank you for the nice review. We had 5 family reunions this past weekend. Everyone seemed to have a great time - we heard a lot of great comments. Thanks for recognizing some special employees.