“Do NOT stay here no matter how low the price”
Review of Magnuson Inn

Magnuson Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Ocean Springs
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I almost exclusively stay at budget hotels (less than $80 per night) so I've seen bad but nothing like this

The only good thing I have to say about it is that the staff was generally nice, being apologetic for all the crap with the hotel.

the crap:
- wifi didn't work, there were 'Magnuson ____' networks around the hotel but the staff said it was broken. The only working one was in the lobby, which was completely unprotected.
- Our first room had a big colorful towel hanging from shower curtain pole. There were other signs that suggested housecleaning hadn't done a thorough job. The staff told us that she wasn't sure if there was anybody else there. What do you mean you aren't sure? I didn't get an inch of sleep that night because I was waiting for someone to barge in.
- The AC in the first room did not work well
- The first room had a pair of room keys left on the table - again, pretty scary
- The main light isn't connected to the switch, so you have to screw in/out the bulb to turn in on. wtf

We mentioned something about wifi not working the next day and they moved us to a different room closer to the lobby

- Wifi didn't work
- Toilet was clogged. We had to get a plunger and do it ourselves
- Toilet was missing its cover
- It was a smoking room, but the staff didn't tell us. The smell was pretty bad
- The stupid fire alarm for the whole building kept going off during the night (and day) intermittently
- Found some roaches

There's just so much wrong with this place, and it couldn't have happened over night. No matter how low the price is, don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 March 2017

When I arrive to the receptionist pulled up my name on her computer and then called upstairs where the owners came down. The woman then crossed your hands and said they don't take Priceline. I reminded her that I just saw the receptionist pull up my reservation on their computer so how could that be? She then crossed her arms was insistent agressivly repeating herself. I then called Priceline while in the lobby and listen to her tell them that she was overbooked and she had resold my room! It was Mardi Gras weekend and she disregarded my paid reservation for a higher amount. Which left me out of a room. Priceline was able to find me a room in a close by town because all the rooms were booked in town. The poor the receptionist was beside herself as the two owners were nasty to her as well as the few other people that stopped in through this ordeal looking for rooms . Tell you have the rooms were or anything else just wet and nasty experience I had coming in the front lobby .

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Heather M
Reviewed 7 February 2017

michelle at the front desk helped me out with getting into a suite and I had a great getaway with my wife. the rooms were very nice and I highly recommend to all my family and friends! when i want to get away with my wife ill be going back!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

This place is disgusting. Roaches everywhere. Drugs and drug addicts running the place. Rooms smell like mold and urine. Not clean at all. Stained and dirty sheets. Carpet has rips and is coming up. Toilets are dirty. Just plain disgusting place.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

We were in Mississippi to attend the funeral of my younger sister and had to book a Place for the weekend After we checked in the following morning the day of the service we discoverd that they were INFESTED WITH"BED BUGS" I was turning down the blanket to straighten up the bed and this is when we found many blood filled bed bugs that had fed on my children and I the night before! Had to bag up every item we had including our dress attire for the funeral service and we had to wear shorts to the service because we had put our clothes on the bed! I will NEVER stay with MAGNUSON INN AGAIN ! They knew they were infested and still took in guests not good for business because it is highly unlikely that they'll ever get rid of this issue the beds are not covered and the entire place should be treated without having ANY GUESTS until this is taken care of....

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family