I almost exclusively stay at budget hotels (less than $80 per night) so I've seen bad but nothing like this
The only good thing I have to say about it is that the staff was generally nice, being apologetic for all the crap with the hotel.
- wifi didn't work, there were 'Magnuson ____' networks around the hotel but the staff said it was broken. The only working one was in the lobby, which was completely unprotected.
- Our first room had a big colorful towel hanging from shower curtain pole. There were other signs that suggested housecleaning hadn't done a thorough job. The staff told us that she wasn't sure if there was anybody else there. What do you mean you aren't sure? I didn't get an inch of sleep that night because I was waiting for someone to barge in.
- The AC in the first room did not work well
- The first room had a pair of room keys left on the table - again, pretty scary
- The main light isn't connected to the switch, so you have to screw in/out the bulb to turn in on. wtf
We mentioned something about wifi not working the next day and they moved us to a different room closer to the lobby
- Wifi didn't work
- Toilet was clogged. We had to get a plunger and do it ourselves
- Toilet was missing its cover
- It was a smoking room, but the staff didn't tell us. The smell was pretty bad
- The stupid fire alarm for the whole building kept going off during the night (and day) intermittently
- Found some roaches
There's just so much wrong with this place, and it couldn't have happened over night. No matter how low the price is, don't stay here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Magnuson Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Ocean Springs Hotel Ocean Springs
- Ocean Springs Quality Inn