“"BED BUG INFESTED"”
Review of Magnuson Inn

Magnuson Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Ocean Springs
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

We were in Mississippi to attend the funeral of my younger sister and had to book a Place for the weekend After we checked in the following morning the day of the service we discoverd that they were INFESTED WITH"BED BUGS" I was turning down the blanket to straighten up the bed and this is when we found many blood filled bed bugs that had fed on my children and I the night before! Had to bag up every item we had including our dress attire for the funeral service and we had to wear shorts to the service because we had put our clothes on the bed! I will NEVER stay with MAGNUSON INN AGAIN ! They knew they were infested and still took in guests not good for business because it is highly unlikely that they'll ever get rid of this issue the beds are not covered and the entire place should be treated without having ANY GUESTS until this is taken care of....

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Magnuson Inn

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

In my 30+ years of traveling, I have never come across this extremely terrible experience living in a hotel or motel.

I checked into Magnuson Hotel here in Ocean Springs, MS near Biloxi where the casinos are. Upon check in, they gave me a room which turned out to be uncleaned like a drug den. They apologized.

That was not the end of my misery. It is 1:30 am in July 2, 2016 as I write this. At around 1:00 am, a person literally opened my room door, and I sprung up and locked my door from the inside. I was shocked! My daughter started crying and feeling unsafe. I called the front desk and told them of this and their excuse was "the owner was inspecting the room and it was a computer mistake. She also cussed me out because I was angry as a paying customer and I threatened to call police for privacy invasion complaints. Her words: " I don't care if you're a paying customer" then banged the phone on me. Am I missing something here?

You need to stop listing this business because it is the worst experience in my travels. Do you agree?

The second floor is laden with a pile of old tvs and smells of urine, by the way.

Please make management aware- this is truly a business that needs to be shut down then rehabilitated. I will attempt to call the BBB and the licensing agencies about this as this is the worse experience I've had. Truly astounding.

I am out of here as soon as the sun goes up- it is too unsafe to drive to my next destination with family.

Harry A.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Reserved three rooms for four nights. Later, needed to change one of the reservations to three days instead of four as that couple were checking in one day later than the rest of us. Called the hotel and was told it would be taken care of when we checked in. When we checked in, it took over 30 minutes to get our rooms as the owner didn't know how to operate the computer. Instead of changing the length of stay for the one room (now called room three for explanation purposes) from four days to three, he let it go and let it drop as a no show. The next day when the other couple arrived, the desk clerk had to search for that reservation, finally found it in the no show folder, then reactivated the reservation, but for all FOUR days instead of three.

After staying the first night, the first two rooms were not cleaned nor were there any clean towels left. I asked about it at the front desk and was told it was against the law for housekeeping to clean a room when the occupants were staying multiple nights. We had to ask for clean towels as I suppose it was also against the law to provide them even in high 90 degree weather with matching humidity. I've stayed in hotels in Mississippi before and their rooms were always cleaned on a daily basis. I suppose I should report those facilities to the authorities for breaking the cleaning law.

When the second group arrived on the second day, it was late and they went to their room. As they were getting ready for bed and rearranged the pillows, they found one of the pillows looked as if someone had used it to remove their makeup (and lots of it). The sheets looked as if they had not been changed, when they complained to the desk, they were told that housekeeping had left for the day, there were no other rooms, and if they wanted new sheets, they would have to make the bed themselves, which they did.

After spending two very hot days, early on the third day, I specifically asked the desk to ensure all three rooms were cleaned. At the end of that day when we returned to the rooms, none had been cleaned and again, no clean towels. Early on day four, I complained to the desk that the rooms had not been cleaned since we arrived and I asked the desk clerk to personally make sure that the rooms were cleaned. He immediately took the three room numbers to housekeeping so they would clean the room. Great Day! They actually cleaned the rooms. In one room, the clean towels they left, two to be exact, they left hand towels instead of bath towels; they were so threadbare, they tore when drying off. They were so worn out that they were only good for rags.

The one and only bright spot in this adventure was a female desk clerk. It is ironic that she was probably the newest employee on the staff, but she obviously had experience working at hotels, quality hotels with emphasis on customer service.

You do what you want, but I certainly would not recommend anyone stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2016

If I know I'm going to be somewhere and just need a place to sleep, I will go with one of these less expensive hotels. Normally they are priced well for "just needing a place to lay my head". That is NOT the case with this hotel. My husband and I were attending a wedding in Biloxi and I found this hotel online. I thought that since we only needed a place to sleep for the night this would be a good choice for us as it only cost just under $60. Lets just say I've stayed in shadier looking motels that cost less than this place and was more impressed than I was here. The bed had four pillows on it that were about the size of a decorative couch pillow. (They were about half the size of a normal bed pillow and were so hard you couldn't lay on them) The bed was hard and they, oddly, had a very large mirror on the wall facing the bed. (The mirror was a little creepy) There were many burn holes in the comforter as well. The tv remote did NOT work to change channels, only to turn the sound up or down. There was ONE nightstand by the bed and the alarm clock didn't even work. My husband took a shower before we left for the wedding and it literally took about 10 minutes for the water to get warm (warm, not hot) as he was running it before he could even try to shower. Also, do not expect to use the WIFI and get anything done. It is so terrible we couldn't do a thing with it. I do NOT recommend staying here if you want a good night's rest, even if it is just to lay your head for a night. A horrible experience I will never have again.

Room Tip: Do not choose any room here. This place is terrible!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2016

We went here after a ridiculous hotel ordeal up the road at the Ramada. The staff was super nice and helpful as well as accomodating since we had 2 cars and a moving truck. The rooms were very nicely done and we had ZERO problems with anything. We'd stay there again if we drove through the area. And stop by the Waffle House up the road too :)

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1.0 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#39 of 47 in Biloxi

Been to Magnuson Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK