US$ 122
US$ 111
Fairview Inn(Jackson)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 222
All reviewsfront deskchili's restaurantbed and pillowswould stay here againroom was cleanoff the highwaynew orleansnice stayfirst floorstaff was very friendlychecking inwafflessouthern hospitalityihopcleanlinessconveniencemississippi
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The desk clerk was very professional. The lobby was neat and clean
The motel is located right next to I 55 so easy to get to.
The room is clean, bed very nice and best of all the ac/heating unit is quiet and works perfectly
No bugs or a hint of smoke smell
Stay here!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelResponse_2017, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Michael L.,

We are so happy to know that your recent visit to our hotel was such a great one. Our entire team will appreciate hearing about all of the things that pleased you while you were at our Comfort Inn hotel in north Jackson, MS. Thank you for leaving a 5-star rating for our property here on TripAdvisor. It's absolutely wonderful to learn that our location made your travels convenient and that you felt comfortable and relaxed while you were here. We value your remarks and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this property for 1 night and honestly did not spend a lot of time at the property. I didn't eat breakfast so I can't provide a review of the breakfast.

Convenience: no shuttle from the airport. It cost about $23.00, using Lyft to get to the hotel. I took a cab on my return to the airport which cost $43.00. Lesson, avoid cabs to the hotel.

Friendliness: the person at the front desk was cordial when I arrived and her replacement, later in the evening arranged for a taxi to pick me up in the morning which I appreciated.

Cleanliness: I am not a fan of budget hotels but I needed a place to stay for 1 night with a reasonable rate. I was actually pleasantly surprised about the appearance of the room. As you can see from the pictures, the carpet is in pretty good condition, the furniture was fine and the room pretty clean. So why the 2.50 score? The sheets appeared to be dirty. There was a stain on the bottom sheet, appeared to be a blood stain.

Now, mind you, the sheets may have been washed and the stain could have been permanent. But presentation is important in hotels so that sheet should not be used (taken out of circulation) because as a customer, I shouldn't have to make a judgement about whether the sheet is clean or simply has as a permanent stain. I also assigned a score of 2.50 (instead of perhaps a 3) because I didn't appreciate or find the response by the front desk person acceptable or customer friendly.

He offered to move me which is an acceptable solution but I was settled in and exhausted. I asked if the sheets could be changed since I didn't have a problem with the rest of the room. His response: "I can get the sheets but you need to change them. I can't leave the front desk." Wrong answer particularly given that patrons were not waiting and the hotel, based on my observations, was not busy in general. Place a sign at the desk that reads, back in 5 minutes. So, what you're telling me is that if you need to take a bathroom break, you hold your blatter for the entire shift because you can't leave the front desk. I was disappointed in the lack of southern hospitality, perhaps the first time.

I think there was another dynamic in play but I'll give the employee and hotel a pass on providing deeper analysis. Suffice to say, budget hotel or 5 star hotel, when sheets require changing, hotel guests should not be the changer!

Message to management: please train your staff if you want repeat customers and customers generated from word of mouth, through platforms like Trip Advisor.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank lrcurtis
HotelResponse_2017, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear lrcurtis,

Thank you for making time in your day to compose such a comprehensive review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. While I am sorry to hear that we did not meet with or exceed your expectations, I did enjoy reading through all of your remarks. I'm glad to know that you felt our hotel offered a good budget / mid-scale experience for people looking for a place to stay in this area. I apologize for the deficiencies that you were able to note within your guest room and during your interactions with a member of our team. I have reviewed your comments with our management staff and team members, and they join me in saying that we are sorry for the discomforts and inconveniences that you had while you were our guest. I hope that you'll give the Comfort Inn brand another chance to earn your loyalty and a full 5-star rating during your future travels.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

I was in Jackson 3 weeks in a row on business. I stayed in 3 different hotels in the Choice line and so far this one was the best. I stayed here twice. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is very conveniently located to many restaurants. The only negative is thr hotel is a little dated but more than a bargain. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
HotelResponse_2017, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear jimcojim,

I hope that you enjoyed visiting our beautiful city for three weeks, and that your business travels here were successful. We loved having the chance to be your lodging provider for two of your three trips to this area, and appreciate hearing that you found our property to be such a convenient and hospitable place to stay. Thank you for giving our hotel a good rating on TripAdvisor. I do apologize for the fact that you felt our building was not as modern as other properties in the area, though I'm very glad to learn that you felt we offered a superb value based on the price that you paid to stay here. If there's anything that our team can do to make your next visit worthy of a full 5-star rating, please be sure to let us know about it. We'd love to be able to welcome you here again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last night on our trip from Florida to Texas. It was easy to find right off I-55 in Jackson. The room was clean, the bed and pillows comfortable and the shower hot. The breakfast was typical fare but adequate and the dining room was larger than normal with a nice lobby area with comfortable seating, a tv and an electric fireplace. Staff we interacted with were friendly and helpful. Can’t comment on any amenities because we only stayed overnight. We did walk next door to Chili’s to eat which was very convenient.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
HotelResponse_2017, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear DreamPlannerPA,

We appreciated being able to welcome you and your husband to our Comfort Inn hotel in north Jackson, MS during your recent drive through our area. Though your time here was short, I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with your overall experience at our property. I hope that you rested very well here and were adequately prepared to continue your journey. If there's anything that we can do during your next stay here to make you even more pleased with your visit to our hotel, please be sure to let our staff know about it. We would love to be able to earn a full 5-star rating from you following your next visit.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

We arrived after a 750 mile drive from Tampa at about 8pm, and were immediately greeted by friendly staff at the reception. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We both had a great nights sleep.

There is a Chilli's next door that we went for supper, and an Ihop opposite that we went for Sunday Breakfast as being my first trip to the USA, my wife wanted me to experience a good breakfast.

The great sleep meant that we were ready for the drive to Memphis bright and breezy.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelResponse_2017, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Eastbournestew,

I hope that you had an absolutely wonderful first trip to the United States! Thank you for allowing our Comfort Inn hotel the opportunity to be the ones to welcome you to the Jackson, MS area. We loved reading about your experience here and will share your positive remarks with our team members. It's great to know that you rested so well at our property, as we hope that all of our guests find a completely superb experience here. I hope that the remainder of your vacation was relaxing and enjoyable, and that you'll be able to return soon for another great stay.