All reviews long stay breakfast sandwich fire pit small refrigerator room was clean county line road my home away from home a lot of noise have stayed here several times coffee maker breakfast bar comfortable stay marriott property decent hotel sitting area within walking distance front desk staff
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We evacuated Hurricane Irma from Florida. My husband and I had a fight because I wanted to stay at a "marriott" hotel even though he found a newly renovated place for $20-30 less. My claim was that, the name "Marriott" always speak for itself. No guessing with the quality right? ...wrong!! There is no microwave to warm up my food, no safe, no breakfast, the price went up $8 the 2nd night. For almost $100 per night, this is ridiculous.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Shawanda H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hi Shae,

Thank you for your candid review of our property. I can definitely understand how being displaced due to the hurricane can be frustrating. Unfortunately, yes, some of our rooms do not have microwaves. It depends on which "brand" of Marriott you stay at. Each hotel will offer different amenities. However, had the importance of a microwave been brought to the front desk representative, at check-in, we would have informed you that your room did not have a microwave and we would have definitely accommodated you by offering you a suite.

Unfortunately, our rooms do not have safes in them, and this again, depends on what brand of Marriott you stayed at. We do offer safe deposit boxes in which you could have stored your belongings in at our front desk. Again, if we would have known that a safe was an amenity that was important to you, we definitely could have accommodate that need.

Lastly, Mrs. Shae, Courtyard by Marriott, unfortunately do not offer complimentary breakfast, inclusive with their rates. However, there are special rates that can be booked where breakfast was included. I apologize that the rate was not feasible to you.

Mrs. Shae, please accept my deepest apology for these inconveniences you experience during your stay. It saddens me that we were unable to address these issues during your stay, now that you have departed.

We do wish you and your family save travels.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This was our 3rd time to stay here. The service is always excellent. But we heard a lot of noise this time for a while before we went to bed.. other than that, we like this hotel. It is clean, has nice furniture and has Starbucks Coffee! We will be back for sure.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Shawanda H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Hi Kona_Coffee11,

On behalf of our staff at Courtyard, we are happy that the service provided met your expectations. We would like for you to know how much we appreciate your recognition of our fine hotel and for the many kind words you expressed about our staff during your stay. We do apologize for the noise disturbance you experienced. We can definitely understand how that could have interfered with a peaceful stay.

We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully, in the near future. Please let us know if there is anything you need on your next visit to make your visit to our hotel and Jackson, MS as memorable as possible.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

This is a run-down Courtyard in a bad part of town. Didn't feel safe walking to dinner, even though it was still light out. Certainly wouldn't be walking around after dark here. The hotel was one of the most dilapidated, poorly kempt Marriott properties among the hundreds I have stayed at. If you are traveling on business or for pleasure in the Jackson area, do yourself a favor and stay closer to Meridian. Lots of good choices in that direction. Avoid this place.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Shawanda H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hi Globalist69,

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that you had a feeling of unsafe. Our hotel is in a very safe area. We are not sure of what factors you may have experienced that would have given you that subjective feeling. We are always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and we will keep your review in mind.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Not a 3 star. Our room smelled, not sure what it was, but gross. The bed and pillows were way uncomfortable. They need new mattresses. Room set up weird because it was difficult to watch tv from bed. I'm sure there are much better hotels nearby. Not worth the $. Don't do it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Shawanda H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Hi Kmello01,

First, allow us to say thank you so much for your patronage to our hotel.

Secondly, we apologize for the fact that you did not have most positive experience possible at our property. We were wishing you would have had a great experience like other guests. We will take your concerns into considerations and we hope you would give us another chance should you travel back in the area.

Shawanda H.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here before and it was better, but this time there were several bugs in the room. Additionally, I was inconvenienced by the door malfunctioning on my second night. The room smelled musty and needed dusting. However, the workers here are very friendly. The price is a good value, but I don't think I will return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Shawanda H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to our hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We are aware of the review you submitted concerning your stay with us. We always appreciate and welcome our guests’ feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced from the door and the unpleasant incident in your room. We will take your concern into deep consideration and make sure that it will be better on your next visit to our hotel.

We trust that your next stay will be enjoyable and hope that you continue to use our hotel for your lodging needs in the near future. If there is anything else we could do to make your stay with us PERFECT, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Shawanda