“Visit to hell”

Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 15 January 2017

Listen, I am a lifetime platinum member and I don't complain, but this visit was unbelievable. First, there was no bath soap in the room, so I went to the front desk and they told me they were out of it. OK, bad directing, but no real harm. I then went back to the room and found 6 sheets of toilet paper on the roll, so I went back to the front desk to ask for a roll of toilet paper and they told me the hotel was out of toilet paper and gave me some dinner napkins to use. Unbelievable. So I went to the public restrooms in the lobby and someone had beat me to it. All of the toilet paper was gone. On the way back to the room I happened to see a maid who said she would help. She went into the room across the hall and took their toilet paper for me. In almost 50-years of staying at Marriott and other hotels, I have never seen anything like it. After all that, I went to the Bistro for a drink and a sandwich and was given a roast beef sandwich with a slice of roast beef that was about as thin as the cocktail napkin. It is unfortunate because the employees were great people, but there is something obviously wrong at that place. Hopefully, Marriott can get it straightened out.

Room Tip: Bring your own toilet paper and soap. (And a roll for your guests if you are goin to do business the...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank John P
Shawanda H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Hello Mr. John P, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to review your stay. I'm very sorry to see that you did not have the experience that me or my staff was hoping that you would. I assure you that the experiences that you received is not in the norm as you can see from the many other great reviews that we have on our property. We try our very best to make sure that all guest, especially our loyal members, are taken care of. I do apologize that you were unable to experience what so many others have in the past. I assure you that your issues will be addressed and corrected. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me at 601.956.9991.

I hope that you will give us another shot in the future and hopefully you kept my business card. Please call me if you do decide to give us another chance and I will make it my personal goal to make sure your vacation experience is the best it can possibly be.

With king regards,

Shawanda S. Hargon
Sales Coordinator

Reviewed 15 January 2017

This is an established Courtyard in a great location just off I-55 in Jackson. Great restaurants all around and easy access. Clean, neat property and very nice rooms and comfortable bedding. Hard to beat a Courtyard.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Arkies10,

On behalf of our staff at Courtyard by Marriott, Jackson-Ridgeland, we are glad that your stay was memorable and met your expectations. We would like you to know how much we appreciated your recognition of our fine hotel and for the many kind words you've expressed. We look forward to seeing you again hopefully, in the near future.

With kind regards,
Shawanda S. Hargon

Reviewed 19 December 2016

We like to stay at the Courtyard Jackson in Ridgeland. The staff is always friendly and upgrades us when available. The rooms are nice and the bed and pillows are very comfortable. The bistro is good and the price of the rooms are always competitive. The location is good for us because of County Line road shopping and restaurants. We enjoyed our stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a King Suite
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Shawanda H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Thank you so much for your candid review of our fine hotel. All that you have mentioned is true. These are the things we pride ourselves upon. We would like to welcome you back to stay with us whenever you are in the area again.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

I checked into a room (310) and the floors were stained and dirty, the couch was dirty, and the linen was stained. I requested a new room and was moved to room 317, which is the "better" room where I took the attached pictures. The carpet was stained, holes in the wall, and I saw a bug in the bathroom! The hallways and elevators were stained and dirty.

On the positive side, there was a security guard on site, it was quiet, and the staff is really nice. Sandra in the dining area was the best!

I would NOT recommend this hotel; well over priced for the value.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Shawanda H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Thank you for the candid review of our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for your recent experience at our hotel. The experience you described is not one that we pride ourselves on as you see by other guests' review. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable visit, so I regret that we fell short during your stay. We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel as your feedback allows us to monitor and improve the guest experience. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Willie gave us an inviting welcome when we arrived! Check in was quick and easy. The bathroom is large, and has a separate vanity area. The room itself was good sized. The outdoor pool is open until 10, which was a wonderful retreat after driving all day. There is a Bistro with breakfast, lunch/dinner, and drink options. The hotel is close to Walmart and Target, as well as an array of restaurants. Great place!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Shawanda H, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. We are so happy that you chose to stay. We do hope that if you are in the area again, you will decide to stay with us again.