New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland

Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Jackson
St. Louis, MO
“Great place to stay in Jackson (for the most part)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Just stayed here for a couple of nights over this past week to and from a trip to New Orleans. Hotel has been recently renovated and is nice and modern. Great loooking bistro and bar area with plently of casual dining and working spaces. Rooms are spacious and modern. Good size bathrooms, tubs, and sink areas. Very clean common areas and rooms. Nice pool with enclosed hot tub in the courtyard. I did put "for the most part" because on our first night's stay we experienced loud music and yelling coming from a parking lot behind the hotel where crowds come after the bars close. We discovered that the windows on the rooms are thin and ours couldnt' close completely. The noise didn't end until the police finally drove them away. The next morning, I alerted the front desk associate when we checked out. He didn't seem very concerned. I guess I was hoping he would be and perhaps even comp a breakfast for us. On our second stay, I requested a courtyard room and we slept very sound. If we overnight in Jackson again, we'll make sure to stay here. Oh, did I mention we paid $50 on Priceline for these rooms? You can't beat that!

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room. Book it through priceline for a good deal!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank scottpajason
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a really nice hotel, very clean 1 bedroom suite, quite on the 3rd floor, very helpful courteous staff, close walking to all retail stores and eating spots. Free wi-fi which is an extra plus. Vertical pool view from this room. Great wide screen HTDV's with free premium channels. Yes, I will visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: My suite was on the 3rd floor on the pool side of the hotel. Yes, I could see a vertical view of the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

My stay at Courtyard was by default because I Pricelined a 3 star room in Jackson (which I got a great price on by the way). I was concerned at first, because this hotel sits right behind a popular bar, The Bulldog, and I imagined there would be a lot of noise and traffic. There was neither! It also looks very aged from the outside. But I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful, recently renovated interior. The decor is modern and classy. The rooms are immaculate and spacious, and the bed is very comfortable. The hotel also has free parking and free Wi-fi. There was a small refrigerator in my room, which is always a plus. Hotel Staff was very courteous and helpful. It’s obvious they run a tight ship. The Courtyard is conveniently located near the highway, the mall, Walmart (for those thing you neglected to pack) and several chain restaurants. The hotel does not have free breakfast. Regardless, I would have ventured out for the meal because Jackson has the best local restaurants. (I used Eat Jackson. Com as my food guide). All in all, it was a great trip and I had a wonderful stay at the Courtyard. I plan to stay here every time I’m in the City.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bayou_Girl13
Asheville, North Carolina, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Everything about the place was very good to excellent -- no problems. The hotel's cafe serves a good and reasonably priced breakfast. Also right next door is a good restaurant where we ate supper.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed there in February, 2012
The staff and the rooms are all very nice. I was assigned a room on the second floor. I found the very clean, nicely finished elevator, the hallway, and my room, were all impressive - Clean, Comfortable, well appointed, and particularly PLEASANT.
The room numbers are readily visible, the card-released-locks work instantly, and the rooms are very nice - practically home-like! The floors are clean, the beds are comfortable, and while I didn't spend all that much time watching TV, the one in my room worked very nicely. The rooms are very spacious and clean.
I used my GPS unit to find the hotel, so that was no problem.
I had a refrigerator and a coffee maker in my room which was helpful.
The view from my room, although this is seldom problem for me since I usually do not spend much time in my room when I am traveling, was a nice view of the inner courtyard of the hotel with an excellent view of the beautifully blue water in the swimming pool.
The bed was huge and very comfortable. My room was quiet and peaceful.
Someone told me that the hotel had been renovated back in October, 2011, and it was obvious because of the clean walls and floors in the hallways and in my room. There was ample parking space, AND parking is FREE!
In the lobby area, there is The Market, where patrons may go to pick up snacks 24-7. It was not very well stocked. The items they did have were fairly expensive.
On the first floor, near the sign-in desk, there is a very attractive sitting area, designed to look like a person's living room, where one may sit and watch TV on a large screen television set.
One other thing is that there could have been at least one other trashcan in the room.
When I took my morning shower, the bath tub either became stopped up, or the drain was accepting water very slowly!
Overall my stay was an excellent experience. .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo