“Courtyard by Marriott Jackson is a delightful facility!”

Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed there in February, 2012
The staff and the rooms are all very nice. I was assigned a room on the second floor. I found the very clean, nicely finished elevator, the hallway, and my room, were all impressive - Clean, Comfortable, well appointed, and particularly PLEASANT.
The room numbers are readily visible, the card-released-locks work instantly, and the rooms are very nice - practically home-like! The floors are clean, the beds are comfortable, and while I didn't spend all that much time watching TV, the one in my room worked very nicely. The rooms are very spacious and clean.
I used my GPS unit to find the hotel, so that was no problem.
I had a refrigerator and a coffee maker in my room which was helpful.
The view from my room, although this is seldom problem for me since I usually do not spend much time in my room when I am traveling, was a nice view of the inner courtyard of the hotel with an excellent view of the beautifully blue water in the swimming pool.
The bed was huge and very comfortable. My room was quiet and peaceful.
Someone told me that the hotel had been renovated back in October, 2011, and it was obvious because of the clean walls and floors in the hallways and in my room. There was ample parking space, AND parking is FREE!
In the lobby area, there is The Market, where patrons may go to pick up snacks 24-7. It was not very well stocked. The items they did have were fairly expensive.
On the first floor, near the sign-in desk, there is a very attractive sitting area, designed to look like a person's living room, where one may sit and watch TV on a large screen television set.
One other thing is that there could have been at least one other trashcan in the room.
When I took my morning shower, the bath tub either became stopped up, or the drain was accepting water very slowly!
Overall my stay was an excellent experience. .

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

This hotel is very clean and the staff was great to us this weekend. The patio fireplace is a nice place for conversations, drinks, and the rocking chairs were very comfortable. Breakfast was above average and price was fair, service was excellent. The only issue: Hotel TV system is satellite and the rain made it difficult to watch TV. I would recommend this hotel as a place to stay when in Jackson,MS.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed here one night on the way to NO. It was comfortable and had a free breakfast. It is kind of difficult to find. Would stay again, used priceline to purchase room for sixty buck a roos.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The good: convenient to the interstate, shopping and restaurants....good central location. Upgraded lobby, nice looking pool and poolside furniture, nice attentive staff. Upgraded rooms, comfortable beds, clean!

The bad: in and out of this hotel can be tricky with no turn lane coming in to the property. The new, overpriced, microwaved foods are a joke! They taste bland and nobody knows how to cook them correctly. My $6 breakfast sandwich was hard on the edges. Sorry Marriott but Hilton Garden Inn kicks your buttocks on food & beverage with their fresh, cook to order concept. If I am going to pay $18 for two people to eat, I better get a better breakfast than what I just got! Also, our weekend rate of $89 was too high in my opinion. For what I received, $69 would have been more appropriate!

Next time I am staying at a Fairfield or Hampton with the free breakfast and a better room rate!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We got this location on priceline - tired and needing a place to sleep while traveling. Our gps took us right to the location, but if no gps it might be a problem. Not visible from the highway. The location is quiet and safe. Nothing close (walking distance) for shopping/food. The hotel is updated and the furnishings and flooring are new, but you can tell by the doors and wall heaters that this is an older location. Free wi-fi and a coffee maker were great perks. You need a login and password for the wi-fi, but they put a sticker on your key envelope with the codes. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful about the hotel services. We were very pleased with our $50 rate through priceline name your price!

Room Tip: Our king room had a couch and coffee table - in addition to the desk.