“This orchestra sounds great!”

Mississippi Symphony Orchestra
Ranked #22 of 59 things to do in Jackson
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I've always liked symphonic music but hearing it and seeing it performed live is almost an unbelievable superior experience. I don't buy season tickets anymore since they perform but once and if you miss that one chance, you can't count on making it up.This music is so good that I've left feeling good, once better than I'd felt in years. I didn't realize until then how brow-beaten I had been treated at work. Due to that fantastic sound when they played at Galloway Methodist, I finally knew to get out of that unhealthy job and go somewhere I would be appreciated. Later I learned Beethoven wrote that symphony during his most contented time in his life. The MSO performed it with the same gusto the master wrote it.

1  Thank jpettis2017

Reviewed 10 July 2017

One of the better symphony orchestras I have heard. They always offer great music in a good venue! It is especially great when they partner with the MS Opera or other outside performers. Definitely worth it!

1  Thank KDKirk007
Reviewed 17 May 2016

MSO just released their 2016-2017 schedule and we're super excited. Their performances are top notch and we LOVE Crafton Beck - he brings it all together!

1  Thank Alana R
Reviewed 15 March 2016

I like they really try to open up to the general public, particularly with their POP events. I went to see them at the Thalia Mara hall as well and the show has never let me down. I do recommend it.

1  Thank PandaMD
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

I really enjoy the symphony. I have seen, heard them several time and it has always been an enjoyable experience. This visit was at Thalia Mara Hall and they were playing a concert of James Bond themes. I enjoyed the concert, the prices for most tickets is around $25 and there is safe parking nearby also a well lot garage across the street for $5. During intermission you may also buy drinks. I don't think there is any food available. The venue has been recently updated so come by and hear the symphony.

1  Thank Norman D