Mississippi Symphony Orchestra
Review Highlights
This orchestra sounds great!

I've always liked symphonic music but hearing it and seeing it performed live is almost an... read more

Reviewed 21 August 2017
jpettis2017
Jackson, Mississippi
MSO

One of the better symphony orchestras I have heard. They always offer great music in a good venue... read more

Reviewed 10 July 2017
KDKirk007
Jackson, United States

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2016

I like they really try to open up to the general public, particularly with their POP events. I went to see them at the Thalia Mara hall as well and the show has never let me down. I do recommend it.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank PandaMD
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

I really enjoy the symphony. I have seen, heard them several time and it has always been an enjoyable experience. This visit was at Thalia Mara Hall and they were playing a concert of James Bond themes. I enjoyed the concert, the prices for most tickets is around $25 and there is safe parking nearby also a well lot garage across the street for $5. During intermission you may also buy drinks. I don't think there is any food available. The venue has been recently updated so come by and hear the symphony.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank Norman D
Reviewed 3 September 2015

We attended the first program of the Bravo series last year. They performed Beethoven's Symphony No. 3 Eroica, and it was an excellent performance. The concert hall is very nice. After the show they had a lovely reception outside with food and wine, and a jazz trio performing on the balcony above us. It was a lovely and memorable evening. I'm looking forward to attending again.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank empressoftheuniverse
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Our family had season passes to the orchestra last year. Students can attend for $5 per show, so it is a great value. We looked forward to every show.

Date of experience: April 2013
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 15 March 2013

With creative programming, talented musicians and a gifted conductor, the Mississippi Symphony is a cultural mainstay in Mississippi. Music Directory Crafton Beck brings a refreshingly down-to-earth approach to the podium, taking the time to explain the intricacies of symphonic works to new audiences. Recent programs have featured Mahler's monumental fifth symphony, modern works by the likes of Philip Glass, and Stravinsky's seminal Sacre du Printemps. Along with pops offerings from Cirque du Soleil and the music of The Eagles, Maestro Beck's programs consistently fill Jackson's Thalia Mara Concert Hall.

Date of experience: January 2013