“Interesting outreach symphony”

Mississippi Symphony Orchestra
Ranked #22 of 70 things to do in Jackson
Reviewed 15 March 2016

I like they really try to open up to the general public, particularly with their POP events. I went to see them at the Thalia Mara hall as well and the show has never let me down. I do recommend it.

1  Thank PandaMD

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

I really enjoy the symphony. I have seen, heard them several time and it has always been an enjoyable experience. This visit was at Thalia Mara Hall and they were playing a concert of James Bond themes. I enjoyed the concert, the prices for most tickets is around $25 and there is safe parking nearby also a well lot garage across the street for $5. During intermission you may also buy drinks. I don't think there is any food available. The venue has been recently updated so come by and hear the symphony.

1  Thank Norman D
Reviewed 3 September 2015

We attended the first program of the Bravo series last year. They performed Beethoven's Symphony No. 3 Eroica, and it was an excellent performance. The concert hall is very nice. After the show they had a lovely reception outside with food and wine, and a jazz trio performing on the balcony above us. It was a lovely and memorable evening. I'm looking forward to attending again.

1  Thank empressoftheuniverse
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Our family had season passes to the orchestra last year. Students can attend for $5 per show, so it is a great value. We looked forward to every show.

1  Thank David M
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 March 2013

With creative programming, talented musicians and a gifted conductor, the Mississippi Symphony is a cultural mainstay in Mississippi. Music Directory Crafton Beck brings a refreshingly down-to-earth approach to the podium, taking the time to explain the intricacies of symphonic works to new audiences. Recent programs have featured Mahler's monumental fifth symphony, modern works by the likes of Philip Glass, and Stravinsky's seminal Sacre du Printemps. Along with pops offerings from Cirque du Soleil and the music of The Eagles, Maestro Beck's programs consistently fill Jackson's Thalia Mara Concert Hall.

3  Thank TrumpetDave