“Local southern cuisine”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2016

We were taken here for breakfast by a friend from Jackson. Buffet style service. Good Southern cooking. The owner was very friendly. Wait staff was pleasant. Located in the heart of the business area downtown. Enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Fried chicken and grits.... what else can I say? Ate lunch here and the food was fantastic. Couldn't resist having dessert. Can't move!

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We were drawn to Two Sisters because of its high trip advisor ratings.
I don't like to post negative reviews but in this case something must be said.
It is more soul food than what I would call Southern food. Chicken fried steak, catfish, and even mashed potatoes were all absent from the very limited selection.
What was available just wasn't very good.
Low value for the high price.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Biscuits - gotta try the biscuits. If you are a true southern girl that learned to make biscuits (i.e. Buttermilk biscuits) when you were young, you will LOVE their biscuits here! Yes, they do have a/c - another reviewer said they did not, but I was told by staff that they had not had electricity due to a storm for almost 24 hours prior to us being there today. I was cool enough! Small house with small rooms, simple southern cooking and get there early on Sunday!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

I had been reading reviews about "Two Sisters" and also seeing that the internet claimed that Two Sister's had the "Best Fried" chicken in Mississippi. I made plans to go visit family in Jackson this past week so I stopped by to try out Two Sister's. I was really surprised how small the restaurant was and I was even more surprised at the fact that there was NO AIR CONDITIONING. It was like 95 degrees or so outside and it had to be nearly 100 degrees or more inside of Two Sisters. I really wished that I had have turned around and "scratched" the visit once I felt that there was no air conditioning, but I didn't. I figured that I'd give it a try seeing that I didn't know the next time I'd be back in Jackson. Like I said I gave it a try and I can honestly say that it wasn't the best fried chicken that I'd ever had and it wasn't the best soul food or even down home country style cooking either. I know that it was hot and it was extremely uncomfortable, but I call it as I see it. The "sweet" tea wasn't sweet, the sweet potato "soup" was tasty but missing the "NORMAL" sweet potato "Pieces"' inside of the sweet potato. The cornbread was cold and really didn't have a taste, the greens were bland as well as the cabbage. The chicken honestly wasn't good to me and if it was I guess I would be stating that it was. The two tea spoons of banana pudding that was in the very small bowl was ok but nothing to make the meal anything to write anything good about the experience at Two Sisters. Ive had better chicken and country cooking and I'm talking about better at my Aunts, Grandmother's, and at a friends mothers house. I was beginning to think "Wow if the chicken at Two sisters is considered the best in Mississippi I sure wish these women I know who "KNOW HOW TO COOK" could pack up and move to Mississippi and show Mississippian's what good fried chicken and delicious sides are. Heck I'd be the manager and show the customers what good customer service is. I wouldn't just ask "Certain" guest how they were enjoying their meals, I'd make sure I would ask "EVERYONE" in the restaurant especially if it were as "SMALL" as Two Sisters is. Then again maybe its good the so called cashier/manager didn't ask me because I would have told her the "TRUTH".