“The best Malt I ever had!”
Review of Brent's Drugs

Brent's Drugs
Ranked #19 of 384 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Brent's Drugs opened as a neighborhood drugstore and soda fountain in 1946. Today, its retains the original charm operates as a pharmacy-free diner. The soda fountain and classic bar stools remain in the original 1946 location and are still a gathering place for friends and neighbors alike. Over 68 years after its opening, Brent's Drugs continues to prescribe soda fountain favorites, unique gifts and Southern hospitality. Breakfast is served at 6:30 AM Monday-Friday and 8:00 AM on Saturday, while lunch is served 10:00-5:00 Monday through Saturday, staying open until 8:00 PM for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. Open from 10:00-2:00 on Sundays.
Chicago, Illinois
“The best Malt I ever had!”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I was driving through the area and wanted to stop by a place for lunch. I found this place by using trip advisor. I wasn't disappointed in the milkshakes, the food was so-so and the place was dated, which is part of the draw. I was looking forward to getting served my malt in an old time glass, but instead, I got a styrofoam cup with an extra wide width (which really makes a big difference). I did not even touch the condiments because they were dirty. All in all, I would go back for another malt or shake.

1 Thank imnot1099
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Good food, local flare”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Visited on Saturday for lunch and got table right away though diner was busy. Servers friendly but food did take a little while. It was worth wait to get my Srrawberry Nutella shake. Tuna melt was really good. All my boys got bacon cheeseburgers which they reported as good. We appreciated nostalgia of place, glad we didn't opt for a chain.

1 Thank BigAggieMomma
Madison, MS
“Grew Up There”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I most likely went to brents 3 to 4 times a week when I was growing up. We lived near there and always was at the "fountain" getting a coke. Even at 7,8,9 I knew the food wasnt great but OK. Frozen hocky pucks straight out of the box next to the grill. They had shakes and fountain cokes. It was the neighborhood place because it also was a drug store and sold women cosmetics. I went yesterday for the first time in 30 years and knew it had cahnged. It is now just a place to eat, no drugstore or cosmetics just a few junk items you can pick up. Its certainly in keeping with the past and looks like it did in the 60's and 70's but food is main thing.
So I would like to give it a great rating for old times sake but cant. The waiter was nice but the service was extremely slow. I got a cheeseburger and it wasnt very good. Its not the frozen hockey puck any more but had a bad flavor. Too bad, I had very fond memories of the place.

Toronto
“Service problem”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was a place I wanted to like - an old drug store soda fountain serving classic fare. The food , when it came, did not disappoint: fine burgers and very good, thick malted shakes. The problem was the time that everything took to arrive, from the menus to the drinks to the forty minute wait for the actual food. Perhaps we caught them on an off day, but I would be wary of going here again unless I had a lot of time on my hands

Tupeo
“Step back in time”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Cool atmosphere and great shakes. Like an old time drugstore with great food.

Visited August 2011