“Great for One Night”

Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Jackson
Memphis
“Great for One Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed here on my wedding night. That bed was the most amazing thing I have ever slept on in my entire life! The room was amazing! I wish I could have stayed more than one night! I loved that there was a hairdryer in the room. Things like that make traveling so much easier! The flat screen tv was also a plus. We didn't watch much tv but it was nice seeing it in there! I was on the 8th floor and the view was awesome! I love downtown so much so It was cool to see it from so high up! The breakfast the following morning was also amazing. Fresh made eggs and bacon!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Wes S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, 11 July 2015
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your business and would be honored for you to stay with us in the future. Wes Scrape - General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I lived in Jackson for 4 years and had never stepped foot in this hotel, but had always heard great things. I decided to stay here when I returned to Jackson for a visit & was so pleased! The hotel is immaculate, the staff are some of the friendliest I've ever experienced & the room was spacious and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I would say if you're looking for the best bargain, this wouldn't be your top pick (the Cabot Lodge is nice with free parking, free breakfast & free evening drinks), but I don't regret staying here at all! I think it's definitely worth the few extra dollars. You'll feel like royalty.

Room Tip: I heard some rooms can be noisy because of the surrounding train/bus station. I didn't experien...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed here overnight and I must say the hotel is awesome!! Updates, flat screens, new carpet, comfy bedding, everything!! I have no complaints about that!!!

As we all know with HGI's the only downside or upside depending on who you are is the adjustable bed. That's usually the reason I pick another hotel over HGI. While we were there no netter how I tried we could not get our king size bed to have the same firmness settings. It was horrible!! I had to get up and go to work and he had to get up to catch a flight. We were so miserable the next morning.

For that reason and that one alone, we decided that the next time we'd go back to Hilton.

Everybody won't have that problem and I had learned how to get their beds just right. It just didn't work for us this time.

• Stayed February 2012
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

The hotel is very nice. The lobby is happening with the bar just off of it. Check in was very quick and friendly. The room was standard for HGI with enough room to spread out. Everything was very clean. The work out room in the basement had a nice variety of stuff...little bit more than your standard hotel treadmill and bike. The breakfast buffet is great and the service was excellent. The only real problem is the area around the hotel is pretty run down. My room overlooked a set of abandoned buildings. Once you get to the hotel, you are pretty much stuck there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
MMAC2010, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Many thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate and enjoy all customer feedback as a critical part to our success. Indeed, the immediate area requires some additional improvements and the downtown development group is working towards just that issue. Jackson is poised for growth and we are indeed happy to be part of its revitalization. Please feel free to contact us prior to your next visit and we'll be happy to share any improvements to the immediate area.

Kind regards,
Marlene Macaluso
Austin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed here for a business trip. I booked a king size nonsmoking room. I was given a king-size bed, but it was in a handicapped room so it had a very "hospital" feel to the shower with a fold out bench and a spray nozzle instead of a shower head installed. Not what I wanted in a business hotel stay. There was also a half bath in the room, inexplicably. The hallways reeked of cigarette smoke, and there was an ashtry in my room, even though it was declared a "nonsmoking room." Guess that depends on the day of the week. The bed had a dial for firmness of the mattress which seemed cheap and more like an air mattress than a luxury. The towels had some tangle of someone else's hair (yuk!) from the washing machine. Looking out the window, every single business in the apparently once-quaint street was boarded up. The breakfast was average. The bar downstairs was nice, and the lobby looked nice, but nothing else about my stay made me want to return. Veeeery mediocre at best.

Room Tip: Ask for something NOT handicapped...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. My apologies for your less than satisfactory visit. I expect you were visiting us during a highly occupied and busy time. It would appear from your comments that you were upgraded to a suite accommodation, thus explaining the half bath, yet it appears to have been on our floor where some rooms do accommodate smoking guests. The suite on this floor is also an accessible suite which indeed does appear to be less homey to some guests. Should you wish to give us another opportunity, please feel free to contact us in advance and make your preferences known so that we may assign accommodations more to your liking. Thank you again for your feedback. Indeed it shall be shared with the entire management team for follow up and improvement.

Kind regards,