“Like eating in prison!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Pontotoc, Mississippi
“Like eating in prison!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed here around July 5, 2010 because of baseball allstars. The room was extremely small not at all like the one they have pictured on the site. I have never been to prison but, eating breakfast here was the closest I ever want to get to it! The woman there just waited around and stared at you! She basically was waiting to pounce on you if you breathed wrong! I told the front desk and they acted like they knew but, could do nothing! CAN YOU SAY "YOU'RE FIRED!" We would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone or their dog! STAY AWAY! They also charged us for a safety box we did not ask for. I guess they will do anything for an extra buck even if you don't know about it!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Everything else in the area was booked full and we were told that the Sleep might have room. We got a good rate, the front desk staff was very nice. The room seemed to have been recently renovated. Nice linens. Nice towels in bath. The breakfast was very good. We were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Moose Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

This Sleep Inn in Horn Lake seemed to have been recently repaired etc. and we were very pleased with it! It was still a small king size room, but clean and well- equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. It is inexpensive, but quiet and comfortable, serving snacks each weekday evening and a good breakfast in the morning. It was also located close to several good restaurants. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. No down side to this one for us!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
O'Fallon, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I am a very frequent guest of Choice hotels, including the Sleep Inn brand. This hotel at 65.00US attacted me, but when I got to my king room it was very small. You can barely get out of the bed on one side and on the other side you are almost in the bathroom. Sit at the desk and the chair is up against the end of the bed. The bed is very soft and the TV would suddenly go out for 5 minutes and then come back with static and then back to normal slowly. The worse is the attitude of the staff. I rolled out of bed, put on socks and went to get coffee. I was kicked out of the breakfast area because you MUST wear shoes, socks are not acceptable. My black dress shoes and shorts were not my choice to wear. When asked at the front desk about my stay I expressed my issues and was given a dirty look and no apology. Needless to say, there are plenty of hotels in the area so I will stay at others.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Biloxi, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel on 12/2/11 in room 215. The room smells old and musty. The cigarette smoke smell had tried to covered up with some kind of spray. After sleeping about 15 minutes something hit me on the side of my face. I woke up and went to the restroom. On my way back to my bed I noticed the wall behind my son's bed was covered with bugs. I woke him up and he must of had at least 50 on him and in his bed, YUK. after getting all the bugs off of him I called the front desk.The lady told me to come down and she would give me another room. I told her that we were not staying in this hotel but we would take a room at their sister hotel down the street. She called and said they had a room but it was another $10.00 a night. I told her there was no way we were paying for a room that night. She said that she would credit my account and we could go stay some where else. So we went to the Holiday Inn around the corner. I told the desk clerk our story and he put us in a suite for the regular price. Thanks for the unforgettable experience, and I mean unforgettable, Sleep Inn. We will never stay at this chain or any of Choice Hotels ever again. I wish I would taken some pictures to share but all we wanted to do was get the hell out of there.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
0.3 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area
0.2 km away
Drury Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven

Been to Sleep Inn Horn Lake? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK