“Worst hotel experience ever!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Worst hotel experience ever!”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We went to the room after checking in and the room was not cleaned. It had been destroyed! They said the computer said that it had been cleaned so it must be a computer glitch. Anyway, they had to call a housekeeper from home to come in to clean the room because they had all left for the day. After a 5 hour ride from St. Louis, we waited for two hours for the room to finally get cleaned after the housekeeper arrived. Bad first impression. The next night the electronic lock to our room somehow broke and they didn't know how to fix it. I had to stay in the room to let my family back in because if we all left they would have to call a locksmith to open the door. I spoke with the manager who kept apologizing but refused to give us a discount or comp the room for our inconviences. I will never stay at your hotel again. I thought a sales manager's job was to make sure that guests actually come back to the hotel. Don't waste your money. There are other nice places in Horn Lake to stay that actual care about your satisfaction.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else in Horn Lake.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Shaydbrown
Management-25096, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Guest,
We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay. This incident is on top of our priority. We will further discuss solutions for us to improve our services and cater the needs of our valued customers like you. We respect your feedback and the voice of our customers really matters to us. Rest assured that on your next stay, you will have a wonderful experience that you truly deserve. Thank you.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I agree with the others that this property has a very strange vibe to it.

The appearance initially is that of new and modern. However, once you head towards your room, you realize it is of very poor quality. I was greeted in the elevator with a couple of empty beer cans. My room was on the top floor (4th) which is apparently utilized for the large extended family of the owner.

After going to sleep, I was awaken around midnight to door slamming and loud conversations in the hall. After several minutes of this, I opened the door and found a middle aged woman standing outside my room. I asked politely if she could keep it down, and it was apparent she spoke little english, nor really cared. The constant door slamming and running from room to room continued for awhile. I finally went back to sleep. Around 2AM, I was again jarred from my sleep by what sounded like a man in my room on the phone. I soon realized he was in the adjoining room, but it was as clear as if he was sitting on my bed. It was a very loud and animated conversation in his native tongue which lasted for quite some time. I finally knocked on the door, which he laughed and kept on talking on the phone.

Upon checkout, I asked about the group on the 4th floor. The desk clerk nervously acknowledged that it was in fact family members of the owner and they camp out there regularly. I kindly asked that the owner contact me as I felt it wasn't right that I paid nearly $100 to him for a nights rest, and his family members deprived me of that. Of course, I never heard from him. I also contacted Best Western, who also assured me there would be a follow up, and of course, nothing from them either.

I will no longer stay in any Best Western property due to this lack of concern. I would have been better off driving all night. I wouldn't have been any less tired, would have arrived much sooner and had an additional $100 in my pocket.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank johnham
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay. We as well didn’t expect this incident to happen. This feedback will be taken seriously and we assure you that this will also be escalated to our management meeting for us to further improve our services. We hope that you still leave your doors open for Best Western plus to provide you services more than what you pay for. Thank you so much.
newcastle
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Booked three nights and left after one. booked via hotwire as a 3.5 star hotel, then was allocated a disabled room, with no bathroom furniture. Asked to move to a different room, but refused. Hotel is of poor build quility, and you could hear the next room getting in and out of the bath. Hotel breakfast was a disaster, with guests arriving in night clothes. Moved to a different hotel to get some sleep after one night. Notices were posted throughout the hotel advising of $50 fines if anyone complained of noise, that should have been enough of a warning. Stay somewhere else, or sleep in the car, you will get more sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank gary m
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your time in making this review. We also apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced. Customers like you are important to us, we want to provide you services that you deserve. Rest assured that this incident will be discussed during our regular meetings and we will be giving due sanctions for those who are accountable. Despite this incident, we still look forward to serving you again in the near future. Thank you
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I spent three nights, March 21st, 22nd, and 23rd, 2012 in this hotel. I found the accomodations to be excellent, and the staff to be extremely helpfill. I had a broken arm in a cast, and the staff went out of their way to be helpfull. The ammenities were much the same as other hotels in the area, wireless internet and a hot breakfast in the morning, but it was the staff that made the stay exceptional.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cklous
Dear Guest,
We are very happy that you chose to stay at Best Plus and we feel more grateful that you enjoyed our services. We are also pleased to know that our staffs showed their commitment to provide our customers impeccable service. This will serve as a motivation for us to further improve our services, so that on your next stay you will still have a wonderful experience that you truly deserve. We are looking forward on your next stay in the future. Thank you.
Booneville, Mississippi
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We booked this room on a third party booking site, where you don't get the name of the hotel. I got a decent rate so it made the stay a little better. The hotel is a newer hotel. It isn't anything like the old Best Western's so that is a plus. It was clean, the room was nice and very spacious. The bathrooms were typical and they were clean as well.

The problem with this hotel is that is is the new "cookie cutter" style. Thin walls are an issue. We could hear our neighbors conversations. If you are a light sleeper or are self conscious about sounds from your room (your kids talking a little loud or your own conversations) you may wish to find a different place too stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JEWJGW
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking some time in making this helpful review. We are glad that you liked our amenities and we assure you that this will be maintained. The problem that you stated will be taken positively and we assure you that this will be discussed during our management meeting and we will further look into this for us to improve our services. We are looking forward to serving you again on your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horn Lake
2.1 km away
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
1.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK