“Flop house for owner's family”

Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Evansville, Indiana
“Flop house for owner's family”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I agree with the others that this property has a very strange vibe to it.

The appearance initially is that of new and modern. However, once you head towards your room, you realize it is of very poor quality. I was greeted in the elevator with a couple of empty beer cans. My room was on the top floor (4th) which is apparently utilized for the large extended family of the owner.

After going to sleep, I was awaken around midnight to door slamming and loud conversations in the hall. After several minutes of this, I opened the door and found a middle aged woman standing outside my room. I asked politely if she could keep it down, and it was apparent she spoke little english, nor really cared. The constant door slamming and running from room to room continued for awhile. I finally went back to sleep. Around 2AM, I was again jarred from my sleep by what sounded like a man in my room on the phone. I soon realized he was in the adjoining room, but it was as clear as if he was sitting on my bed. It was a very loud and animated conversation in his native tongue which lasted for quite some time. I finally knocked on the door, which he laughed and kept on talking on the phone.

Upon checkout, I asked about the group on the 4th floor. The desk clerk nervously acknowledged that it was in fact family members of the owner and they camp out there regularly. I kindly asked that the owner contact me as I felt it wasn't right that I paid nearly $100 to him for a nights rest, and his family members deprived me of that. Of course, I never heard from him. I also contacted Best Western, who also assured me there would be a follow up, and of course, nothing from them either.

I will no longer stay in any Best Western property due to this lack of concern. I would have been better off driving all night. I wouldn't have been any less tired, would have arrived much sooner and had an additional $100 in my pocket.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank johnham
Management-25096, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay. We as well didn’t expect this incident to happen. This feedback will be taken seriously and we assure you that this will also be escalated to our management meeting for us to further improve our services. We hope that you still leave your doors open for Best Western plus to provide you services more than what you pay for. Thank you so much.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
newcastle
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Booked three nights and left after one. booked via hotwire as a 3.5 star hotel, then was allocated a disabled room, with no bathroom furniture. Asked to move to a different room, but refused. Hotel is of poor build quility, and you could hear the next room getting in and out of the bath. Hotel breakfast was a disaster, with guests arriving in night clothes. Moved to a different hotel to get some sleep after one night. Notices were posted throughout the hotel advising of $50 fines if anyone complained of noise, that should have been enough of a warning. Stay somewhere else, or sleep in the car, you will get more sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank gary m
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your time in making this review. We also apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced. Customers like you are important to us, we want to provide you services that you deserve. Rest assured that this incident will be discussed during our regular meetings and we will be giving due sanctions for those who are accountable. Despite this incident, we still look forward to serving you again in the near future. Thank you
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I spent three nights, March 21st, 22nd, and 23rd, 2012 in this hotel. I found the accomodations to be excellent, and the staff to be extremely helpfill. I had a broken arm in a cast, and the staff went out of their way to be helpfull. The ammenities were much the same as other hotels in the area, wireless internet and a hot breakfast in the morning, but it was the staff that made the stay exceptional.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cklous
Dear Guest,
We are very happy that you chose to stay at Best Plus and we feel more grateful that you enjoyed our services. We are also pleased to know that our staffs showed their commitment to provide our customers impeccable service. This will serve as a motivation for us to further improve our services, so that on your next stay you will still have a wonderful experience that you truly deserve. We are looking forward on your next stay in the future. Thank you.
Booneville, Mississippi
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We booked this room on a third party booking site, where you don't get the name of the hotel. I got a decent rate so it made the stay a little better. The hotel is a newer hotel. It isn't anything like the old Best Western's so that is a plus. It was clean, the room was nice and very spacious. The bathrooms were typical and they were clean as well.

The problem with this hotel is that is is the new "cookie cutter" style. Thin walls are an issue. We could hear our neighbors conversations. If you are a light sleeper or are self conscious about sounds from your room (your kids talking a little loud or your own conversations) you may wish to find a different place too stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JEWJGW
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking some time in making this helpful review. We are glad that you liked our amenities and we assure you that this will be maintained. The problem that you stated will be taken positively and we assure you that this will be discussed during our management meeting and we will further look into this for us to improve our services. We are looking forward to serving you again on your next stay.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel on Expedia and was promised a 3.5 star hotel.
I arrived at the hotel late on the 15th and it took over 30 minutes to check us in. When I finally got to my room I noticed a loud creaking noise which I soon realized was the person in the upstairs room walking around. I called to the front desk to ask for a different room but got no help whatsoever. I was told to that I would have to pay extra to have a quieter room!!
Sounds like the old bait and switch to me now.
My colleague in the other room meanwhile had the same problem and he did not have hot water in the shower or heat in the room.
We both spent a sleepless night and left in the morning for a meeting leaving my card with a request for the manager to call me and arrange for a change of room since the night clerk had been no help.
The manager never called me and when I call that evening to ask if anything had been done about the issues I was told that they no longer had a room for us.
Considering that these were pre-paid rooms I was surprised to hear that they had checked us out.
I called Expedia and was kept on hold for over an hour while they checked on the matter during which time they too got the same answer that the hotel had no record of our reservation. Finally they told us that the hotel would accommodate us in the same rooms.
Since this was totally un-acceptable we checked into a different hotel and I have taken up the matter with my credit card company to contest the charges.
I expect better service and accommodations at Best Western, I have stayed at other hotels in the past and usually don't find anything to complain about. This hotel though looks like good from afar but is far from good once you check in.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank planoice
Dear Guest,
Thank you for spending time in making this review. We would always want to hear feedback from our customers pertaining to their stay at Best Western Plus. Your feedback serves as a wakeup call for us to further look into our services. We are currently discussing this issue on our regular meeting. This also serves as a constructive criticism to help us identify areas of improvement and for us to deliver services that our valued customer truly deserve. Despite of what happened we still hope that you will still choose Best Western Plus on your future trips.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horn Lake
1.4 km away
Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven
2.1 km away
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central

Been to Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK