“Decent stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Booneville, Mississippi
“Decent stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We booked this room on a third party booking site, where you don't get the name of the hotel. I got a decent rate so it made the stay a little better. The hotel is a newer hotel. It isn't anything like the old Best Western's so that is a plus. It was clean, the room was nice and very spacious. The bathrooms were typical and they were clean as well.

The problem with this hotel is that is is the new "cookie cutter" style. Thin walls are an issue. We could hear our neighbors conversations. If you are a light sleeper or are self conscious about sounds from your room (your kids talking a little loud or your own conversations) you may wish to find a different place too stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JEWJGW
Management-25096, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking some time in making this helpful review. We are glad that you liked our amenities and we assure you that this will be maintained. The problem that you stated will be taken positively and we assure you that this will be discussed during our management meeting and we will further look into this for us to improve our services. We are looking forward to serving you again on your next stay.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel on Expedia and was promised a 3.5 star hotel.
I arrived at the hotel late on the 15th and it took over 30 minutes to check us in. When I finally got to my room I noticed a loud creaking noise which I soon realized was the person in the upstairs room walking around. I called to the front desk to ask for a different room but got no help whatsoever. I was told to that I would have to pay extra to have a quieter room!!
Sounds like the old bait and switch to me now.
My colleague in the other room meanwhile had the same problem and he did not have hot water in the shower or heat in the room.
We both spent a sleepless night and left in the morning for a meeting leaving my card with a request for the manager to call me and arrange for a change of room since the night clerk had been no help.
The manager never called me and when I call that evening to ask if anything had been done about the issues I was told that they no longer had a room for us.
Considering that these were pre-paid rooms I was surprised to hear that they had checked us out.
I called Expedia and was kept on hold for over an hour while they checked on the matter during which time they too got the same answer that the hotel had no record of our reservation. Finally they told us that the hotel would accommodate us in the same rooms.
Since this was totally un-acceptable we checked into a different hotel and I have taken up the matter with my credit card company to contest the charges.
I expect better service and accommodations at Best Western, I have stayed at other hotels in the past and usually don't find anything to complain about. This hotel though looks like good from afar but is far from good once you check in.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank planoice
Dear Guest,
Thank you for spending time in making this review. We would always want to hear feedback from our customers pertaining to their stay at Best Western Plus. Your feedback serves as a wakeup call for us to further look into our services. We are currently discussing this issue on our regular meeting. This also serves as a constructive criticism to help us identify areas of improvement and for us to deliver services that our valued customer truly deserve. Despite of what happened we still hope that you will still choose Best Western Plus on your future trips.
Central Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Good price, huge rooms, comfortable beds, clean rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for this review. We are flattered that you enjoyed the services that we offer. To provide our valued customers a cozy, comfortable location and impeccable service would always be our constant goal here at Best Western Plus. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Batesville, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I am staying in this hotel right now for Valentines Day. It has been terrible so far. When we got here an hour ago, our room was freezing. We turned the heat on and it is still cold. We went down to get in the hot tub to warm up some, and the hot tub was freezing. They told us it had been serviced and might not get very warm. What a miserable day.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coconutdude
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you for taking some time in making this real time review. We also apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. This is already escalated and we assure you that this incident will not happen again. Our customer service staffs would always be willing to render services that you deserve. We do hope for your wonderful stay here at Best Western Plus. Thank you.
Bryson City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two night while I was visiting my father in the hospital. As another hotel employee, I pay careful attention to detail. The hotel was accommodating in every way we needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is conveniently located to Baptist Desoto Hospital, shopping and restaurants. I would def recommend this hotel to other travelers!! I will be staying at this hotel each time I return to the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Panda G, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thank you so much for yoiur wonderful review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horn Lake
2.1 km away
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
1.2 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK