“Freezing”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Batesville, Mississippi
“Freezing”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I am staying in this hotel right now for Valentines Day. It has been terrible so far. When we got here an hour ago, our room was freezing. We turned the heat on and it is still cold. We went down to get in the hot tub to warm up some, and the hot tub was freezing. They told us it had been serviced and might not get very warm. What a miserable day.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coconutdude
Management-25096, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you for taking some time in making this real time review. We also apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. This is already escalated and we assure you that this incident will not happen again. Our customer service staffs would always be willing to render services that you deserve. We do hope for your wonderful stay here at Best Western Plus. Thank you.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bryson City, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two night while I was visiting my father in the hospital. As another hotel employee, I pay careful attention to detail. The hotel was accommodating in every way we needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is conveniently located to Baptist Desoto Hospital, shopping and restaurants. I would def recommend this hotel to other travelers!! I will be staying at this hotel each time I return to the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Panda G, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thank you so much for yoiur wonderful review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!!!
nags head, nc
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days. During that time, we had dealings with 5 employees. One out of 5 was friendly and helpful. The other 4 were unfriendly and rude. I told housekeeping we didn't need service if we could just get some coffee packets. You would think that would be less work than cleaning our room but I was treated as if I was bothering her. I asked another employee if they might have any pillows that weren't as thick as the huge ones in our room that really hurt my neck and I was given a simple, chilly "no". Upon checking out, I asked the desk clerk if I could leave a piece of mail with their outgoing stack (as most hotels are happy to do). She told me I could use the box at the end of the driveway. Okay. After driving around and looking for 10 minutes or so, we went back to the hotel. The clerk then had another employee point out it was their Best Western mailbox, not a U.S. Postal box. Okay. I walked down there and found it was literally crammed full of their incoming mail. That's when we gave up and drove to 2 other businesses where somebody finally gave us directions to a post office a couple of miles away. This was all in horrible Saturday traffic and rain and delayed us getting back to our trip by at least 45 minutes.

We are not picky about our accommodations, but friendly, helpful employees are very important to us in making a hotel stay pleasant or unpleasant. This otherwise decent hotel failed miserably (except for the evening clerk) and we would never stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank for spending some time in making this helpful review. We also sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We would not want to disappoint our customer especially when it comes to customer service. We will be discussing this issue on our management meeting and we will be giving probable sanctions to those who are accountable. We always listen to the voice of our customers and we assure you that you will have a wonderful experience on your next stay.
oklahoma city, ok
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I booked via Hotwire and had not done any research at all on this hotel. Needless to say, I was apprehensive. No need to be! The place was spotless, and the staff were extremely helpful, they simply couldnt do enough for us. The breakfast in the morning is typical, scrambled eggs, sausage links, waffles, bagels, pastries, and muffins, along with juices and coffee. The indoor pool was clean however, like most indoor pools at hotels, the chlorine levels were very high. It is located just offf I55 and has a Kroger, Target and many resturants located in the imediate vicinty (Hooters, KFC, Texas Road House, Longhorn Steakhouse, Zaxbys Chicken to name but a few). I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. Thanks BW staff for a very enjoyable stay,

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
We are happy for making this review. We always want to hear this kind of feedback from our valued customers. This serves as a continuous motivation for us to maintain the quality of our services but there will always be areas of improvement and we assure you that we will further improve the things that need to be improved to provide you services more than what you pay for. We hope to serve on your next stay. Thank you
Sauk Centre, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I got a good deal on this place, but it was one of the strangest hotels I have ever been in. It is marketed as an upscale Best Western and looks to be when you first arrive, but it's like they slapped it together. Plumbing fixtures are shoddy, things are already falling apart in a room that's only two years old. Plus, it has an odd vibe -- I know this sounds strange, but we were there two days and my girlfriend literally ran out of the place and asked that we never return. This is not to at all fault the staff -- they were very nice.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank crisro
Dear Guest,
We thank you for making this review. We also feel sorry for the shortcomings. Our customer service staffs would always be there to assist and cater your needs. This feedback is very helpful for us to further improve our services to our valued customer’s expectations. Rest assured that on your next stay, you will have a wonderful experience that you truly deserve. Thank you so much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horn Lake
2.1 km away
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
1.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven

Been to Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK